Then Be The Best Fucking Writer This World Has Ever Seen

The small woman with unruly curls and beautiful eyes sat beside me in my truck - swaying her hips to the music. She told me she didn't have a ride tonight. To prevent this from happening again, I told her I'd be her ride to every session. Oddly, I remember going over this last week, but Bo came off as the type who needs constant reassurance.

Her little hums filled my truck until they didn't, and she was asking questions about Luke. She wanted to know why I didn't like him. Her conspiracy theory is, Luke and I were best friends. Then he slept with my girlfriend.

"You've spent a lot of time thinking about this haven't you?"

"I read it in a book once."

"I just don't like him, that's all."

"Wow, tell me more," she propped her elbow on the center console as she stared at me.

I shake my head with a grin on my lips. "I kicked his ass one time."

"How did I not know this?"

"It was at a football game. He was running to the locker rooms, and he bumped into me. It wasn't a big deal until he shoved me like it was going to move me out of his way. So, I hit him."

"You couldn't have shoved him back?" She asked with a smile growing on her lips. "You can't help yourself, can you? You just like picking fights."

"I hit your friend, and you think that's funny?"

"No, I think it's funny that you wasted no time getting physical."

"If you come at me hard, I'll drop you just to prove you're soft."

"A bad boy."

"Whatever you say," I snort.

When we stepped into the gym, she headed for the bathroom with her duffle-bag. John stared at me from across the room with raised brows. I flipped him off and laced up my shoes while I waited for her to come out of the bathroom. Curiosity had me wondering what she chose to wear today.

The second I heard her laughter, my head snapped up to see her talking to another boxer. Riley was showing her how to hit the speed bag. He stood behind her, showing her how to stand and where to hit.

Her waist was in his hands. His fingers clenched on her hips before he grabbed her arms, telling her to hit the bag with the side of her fists. His hands stayed on her as he rolled their arms together.

I would have stopped him, but he stepped away as she found a comfortable pace. From a distance, I watched her steadily hit the bag. She had everyone's attention. They were intrigued by the short girl who managed to master the speed bag.

Riley asked her to pick up her pace until her arms started to falter. Just as the bag was about to hit her, he reached up, stopping it. She turned around with a smile on her face. Riley fist-bumped her through their gloves.

I could see a 'thank you' rolling off of her lips before she met me at the entrance table. "You have quick hands."

Her giggle had goosebumps breaking out on my skin. "I didn't even know."

Now I have her bouncing back and forth on the balls of her feet. Her ringlets are free, falling in her face. If she wouldn't have shot her hair tie at me, it'd be in her hair, but it's not because it smacked me in the face. We haven't been able to find it since then.

To my pleasure, I get to watch her attempt to wipe away flyaway hairs from her eyes. She huffed every time the white gloves on her hands stopped her from getting what she wanted. So, I reached over and pushed them away for her.