It Seems Like We Have Different Ideas On How To Please Women

On the ride home with Kinnick, I could feel the vibration of my phone. Luke must have realized that when he made his sister go home, I would be getting a ride from someone else. Luke isn't stupid. From the bitter messages, I assumed he figured out Kinnick was my ride.

Kinnick walked me to my door, dissatisfied with my dinging phone. I would have put it on silent, but if my dad tried calling and I didn't answer, he would have wrung my neck out. Kinnick understood, though. He did offer to go to Luke's house and beat him up. I obviously declined, even though it sounded like a good idea at the moment.

When he grabbed my arm, he spent a deal of time examining the small bruises on my skin. As much as I wanted to believe it didn't bother him, his jaw clenched, and he threatened to kick Luke's butt for a third time that night.

After telling him how the bruises didn't hurt and thanking him for the ride, he left. Well, he stayed until I got inside and shut my front door. Throughout our whole friendship, Luke has never done anything like that.

During the night, my phone buzzed on the stand next to my bed. Luke knew I struggled to fall asleep, so it upset me when he refused my rest. Sometime later, I finally put it on silent. I couldn't listen to my device make another sound. If it continued, I knew I would be the one texting Luke saying sorry for giving him the cold shoulder.

When I did check my phone, I noticed over a hundred text messages saying the same thing. Sorry. Forgive me. I shouldn't have done that. Usually, he would show up at my house. He'd climb the tree next to my window to get inside. Thankfully I locked it, just in case of his arrival.

I didn't want an apology over the phone. If he meant what he said, he'd say it in person. And he didn't show up at all this weekend, which meant he didn't mean it.

Chrissy was at my house bright and early, ready to pick me up for school, Monday morning. I was sure she could hear the dinging my phone made. Every time she'd say something, it would rudely interrupt, and I know she noticed.

"That's either Kinnick or Luke," she popped her gum. "Which is it?"

I groaned, pulling my phone from the pouch of my backpack. "It's Lucas."

"He wouldn't leave me alone, either."

"I am sorry," I rubbed my face. "I didn't know it'd be this bad."

"His car broke down, or he would have shown up," she walked with me to our class building. "Bailey drove us home."

"How did that go?"

"I mean, she isn't horrible," she shrugs. "But she isn't you."

"I'm not jealous," I shake my head, admitting the truth. "I was hoping they would date, and he would let me move on with my life."

"She stayed last night," she frowned. "I didn't want to tell you, but since you said that."

"It's okay," I chuckle. "I promise!"

"She wouldn't have stayed if it weren't for me hiding my keys."

"What?"

"Luke kept trying to steal my keys, so I hid them in my thong drawer," she snickered. "He ended up calling her shortly after realizing he wasn't going to get them."

"Are you serious?" I burst out with laughter. "Remember when he came in and said, 'I think your shoestring got mixed in with my clothes?"

"And it was my thong!" She wheezed. "I will never forget that look on his face!"

Tears filled her eyes. She continuously slapped her knee as she tried to contain her laughter. May I say it was a hard task? When Chrissy and I get going, we can't stop. What can I say? We bring out each other's crazy.