Chapter 9 (end)

"Yeong-ahhh"

"Why don't you look at me.." Whined the King.

Nothing but the sound of birds chirping was heard after The King's last sentence.

"Are you ignoring me?"

"hey"

"Yeong-ahhh"

"We're here." Jo Yeong finally spoke.

"Here? We're still in the middle of the forest." Lee Gon looked around, Trees and Plants the only thing on sight.

"This is the entrance of the small village I talked to you about." Jo Yeong sighed.

"Since it's up the mountain it is not really visible from here. Plus, it'll take a while to arrive to the place, since its a long way." Jo Yeong finished, as he looked as his Majesty. "What are you doing...?"

"Let's rest for now, Yeong-ah" Said Lee Gon smiling, ear to ear.

"Oh, if you were tired, Your Majesty, you could have just said so." Said Jo Yeong, sitting next to Lee Gon on a piece of wood.

"Not really, I just want to have a serious conversation." Lee Gon firmly said, making eye-contact with Jo Yeong.

"If you're gonna keep asking why I cried then I'm not answering you." Yeong quickly responded, breaking their eye contact and looking elsewhere.

"No, its fine. I already understand." Lee Gon smiled.

"Times when you do something no one would expect you to. Those times, being the real you. I understand that. And I'm glad I'm being able to understand you better." Lee Gon explained.

"..."

"Why do you hide your true self from me, Yeong-ah? The first time I met you, you freely acted the way you wanted to."

"I had to have respect of course, and-" Jo Yeong couldnt finish his sentence.

"Fine, fineee" Lee Gon gave up. "You dont want to talk about it then. No worries, You can tell me anytime, right? You'll tell me Yeong-"

"The fact that it would be annoying to have to deal with an extremely loud  person as I am. I know, I know the way I act and I carefully take precautions..." Yeong took a deep breath. "Yeah...No. That isnt it. I... because of you..." Jo Yeong signaled to Lee Gon.

"Me..?" Lee Gon questioned, not understanding what he meant.

"You're always flirting with me !!! What other way could I have hidden my red face without being obvious!?" Jo Yeong who was now all worked up hid his pikish face."Ugh...I ended up telling you either way...so embarrassing." He murmured.

"Pft..."

"No way... seriosly...? I..."

"PFTTTTTTT"

Lee Gon bursted out of laughter right beside Jo Yeong. "And here I thought I was just bad at flirting!!!"

"You are." Yeong answered, still not looking at Lee Gon.

"Not sure...if I am bad at it, why do you get worked up about it? Hm, Yeong-ah?" Said Lee Gon grabbing Yeong's chin, having him face him.

Yeong rolled his eyes as in his only attempt to avoid Lee Gon's gaze.

"Yeong-ah." Lee Gon called.

"What?" Jo Yeong answered still pretty close to the King.

"When a new King is placed, and everyone forgets about me...I want you to be the only one to call me "Your Majesty". Be the only one who remebers who I was." Lee Gon said on a soft but firm voice, letting go of Yeong's chin. "Can you do that?" He asked.

"Of course I will, Your Majesty. How could I ever forget all the hardwork you've been through to keep that position..." Jo Yeong stood up. "And well...as cringey as it sounds...I'll always be your unbreakable sword so never forget that either." Jo Yeong reached his hand towards Lee Gon, this is the first time they've holden hands, this... gently.

"I understand, Yeong-ah." Lee Gon smiled.

"Alright then, let's get going." Jo Yeong said not bothering to hide his red face now that Lee Gon wasnt looking at him, but he's not used to making contact with the King so he was pretty red.

"But Yeong-ahh" The King whined.

"Give me a kiss-kiss first." He smirked.

"AS IF!!!" Jo Yeong let go off his hand. "If you're gonna keep being this way ill leave you behind, Your Majesty." He said hiding his tomato looking face. He'll never show his face to the King at this point, he's always blushing at the stupidity of Lee Gon.

"Yeong-ah, wait for me!"

Lee Gon couldn't believe how fast their relationship escalated. Sometimes you gotta leave valuable things behind to find what you're looking for. And well, he's proud he did so. He believed he was lucky to have Jo Yeong by his side.

Jo Yeong on the other hand, was still figuring out his true feelings towards the King. He needed to make sure that all that respect he has for Lee Gon isn't just a bodyguard-king relationship. Which obviously isn't he's just oblivious.

Little by little they'll find out on their own.