Chapter 8

Lee gon's p.o.v

It was a rainy night. The bright looking stars that I used to stare at for about hours no longer could be seen because of how intense and dark the clouds were, blocking the sky's view.

I decided to head into my room once again. Can't get some fresh air outside on my balcony tonight, I guess.

I sigh.

"Nature really hates me... huh" I murmur as I let my weigh fall onto my bed, letting out a "huff" sound.

I close my eyes for a small second.

"hm.."

I wonder what she meant about how I'll regret not accepting her offer.

But oh well, she did get out of hand as she yelled at me then.

--------

"It's a command."

"Do not let her in without my permission"

I say, referring to Prime Minister Koo.

As I put the phone down, having the Captain obviously listen to my orders, I suddenly remember about that special someone.

"Yeong-ah... I wonder how he's doing."

I close my eyes in frustration.

I feel out of place without having him here, I surely do not like that feeling.

Staring at my phone, something comes to mind.

"I suppose I can text him and ask him myself"

I rapidly shake my head.

No.

The whole point of separating myself from him is to... well, make him forget about me. Of course he won't forget but uh, how to say this... To break the bond we built up all of these years. To do all this... just because I fell for him. Because of me, I ruined our friendship, our respect, our... everything.

"Your Majesty." was heard from outside the door, as whoever it was respectfully knocked on it.

"Come in" I say.

"Your Majesty, I heard you had ordered to inform about him."

"Everything's been natural, that's until just now."

"He... I mean. Our former Captain Jo Yeong is acting rather weird. He's been less motivated on his tasks, and spacing out, also he-"

"Since when?" I interrupt.

"Ever since two days ago, Your Majesty." The guard speaks up, becoming a bit nervous.

"Why wasn't this information informed to me sooner?" I raised an eyebrow, trying to stay calm.

"Well... You did have a lot of paper work and important business to finish which I found was more important, so I couldn't interrupt you just because of-"