Battle Training Continues!

The next round had Team B as the villains and Team G as the heroes. So while Tokoyami and Asui formed a plan outside, Shoto looked towards Bakugo who was impatiently waiting for the exercise to start. 

Shoto turned around to look at the big fake bomb. He looked around the room to investigate the room further to make sure he could form a plan around the environment.

He could have just frozen the whole building as soon as the exercise started. But he wanted to try to do with through teamwork since Asui would be very affected by the change of temperature.

Well, it was time to just bite the bullet and talk to his exercise partner.

Shoto, "Hey, Bakugo."

"What?" Bakugo barely even glanced at him.

"Are you even going to bother looking me in the eye?" Bakugo answered him by turning around to glare directly at him. "Great participation there, buddy. Do you have any sort of plan for this? Or can we work on one together? There isn't much time before the others come—,"

"You don't have to worry about anything, Half-and-Half. I'm going to win this without your help."

"That is absolutely ridiculous," Shoto said. 'Ah, maybe he never worked together on a group project. Maybe he just doesn't know how this works,' Shoto thought to himself. He continued to explain more clearly to the other, "This is a team exercise. You can't win the exercise on your own unless you weren't paired with anyone."

Bakugo ignored his words as he turned his attention back towards the door. He started to flex his hands and crack his knuckles in preparation for the incoming battle. Shoto fourth the urge to roll his eyes at how stubborn the other was acting.

"Hey, Half-and-Half."

Shoto breathed through his nose, "I have a name, Bakugo-Kun."

"Whatever," Bakugo tsked, "You know Deku, right?"

"Who?" Shoto's eyebrows pinched together in confusion.

"That green-haired idiot. The one that was holding you back yesterday. Him."

Deku.

Someone useless. Worthless.

Another way to read the kanji of Izuku's name.

*

The first time he had heard the name Deku was when they were all twelve.

Izuku decided to meet the two of them halfway from the train station after they finished the day at their middle school. They had planned to visit a new ice cream shop that was experimenting with brand new flavors which included tea. Izuku wanted to get a pint for his father and Shoto could keep it frozen until they made it back to UA.

And so there they were with Fukuyama and Iida wearing their respective middle school uniforms while Izuku was just wearing his regular attire. While they were in their Soumei uniforms, he had on a pair of light blue jeans and a simple white shirt. Izuku had on a bucket hat that Snipe had given him as a gift. He had four buttons on it that showed off pro heroes like Present Mic, Ingenium, Midnight, and All Might. He had said once enforce he switched them out each time he wears the bucket hat to make sure everyone was included because he felt bad if he didn't. Snipe also gave him a cowboy hat, but he didn't wear that one as much.

While they walked, Shoto was telling them about a story he had heard retold over dinner the nights before. Touya had come home to visit for dinner which made Natsuo bring up the fact that his hero name was Dabi.

"Natsuo was tired since the medical program is really working him hard, but he kept saying about how Dabi was so edgy," Shoto started. " And then Touya told us why he chose it."