Chapter 12

Ava POV

I woke up to my phone ringing. I groan and pick it up.

"Ben, why are you calling me so early in the morning? Today is my day off. Let me sleep"

"It's not early. I called to remind you that we are going out for lunch today. Don't be late", Ben said

"I remember Ben. I will be there on time", I said and cut the call to go back to sleep.

I tried for some time but couldn't sleep, so I get up from my bed. I go to the kitchen to make some coffee. I sit on my couch sipping my coffee. A smile automatically forms on my lips remembering last night. The kiss, I don't think I would ever forget that kiss. Just then I got a text from Adrian. I open it smiling.

Adrian: Good morning Ava

Ava: Good morning Adrian.

Suddenly my phone started ringing and I saw that Adrian was calling me. I clear my throat and lift the call.

"Hi Ava, I thought you would still be sleeping". God his morning voice is so sexy. I wonder what is he wearing right now or if he is wearing anything at all. Ava, stop with your dirty thoughts.

"Hi Adrian, I thought so too but someone disturbed my sleep", I replied recalling the call from Ben.

"Oh, I am so sorry, I didn't mean to. I just wanted you to see my message when you wake up so that you don't forget me". God he is so sweet. I don't mind waking up to a good morning message from him

"It wasn't you. It was Ben, he called me". There was no sound after that. I thought the call was cut.

"Adrian? Are you there?"

"Ah yes, sorry, you were saying something"

"About forgetting you, don't worry you are not that easy to forget"

"Does that mean, did you keep thinking about me last night?", he asked. I could totally imagine him smirking right now.

"Nope, slept as soon as I came home", I lied.

"Maybe next time I should do something so that you can't stop thinking about me", he said. I squeezed my thighs anticipating what could it be.

"Looking forward to that", I said and I could hear a groan from him. I was enjoying that I had some effect on him.

"What are you doing today?", he asked clearing his throat.

"Lunch with Ben. What about you?"

"Lunch with parents. I got to go. Have a nice day", he said and cut the call before I could even reply. That was weird. Maybe he has something to do. He is a busy person but I could hear him talk all day.

Later I got ready and went to the restaurant to meet Ben. As I went in, I saw that Ben was already there.

"Hi Ben"

"Hi Ava"

"I have already ordered for both of us", he said

"Fine by me", I replied

"So, what did you want to tell me", I ask him

"I am going to propose to Daniel on his birthday next week", he says excitedly

"Oh my god, that is awesome. I am so happy for you", I got up from my chair and hugged him.

"Where are you going to propose? Did you plan out everything?", I asked

"Yes, we are going to Vegas for a 4-day trip and I am going to propose to him there. I have made all the arrangements"

"Daniel is in for a big surprise. Don't forget to take pictures and send me"

"Sure. Now your turn. Tell me how was your date?", he asked raising his eyebrows.

"It was the best". I said grinning.

"Did you guys kiss?", he asked and I nodded. I told him everything about the date.

"Wow that is just wonderful", he said

After lunch, I went home and binge-watched a Korean drama as I had nothing else to do

Adrian POV

I felt jealous when Ava said that she was going out with Ben, but she already said that he is just a friend. I shouldn't overthink it. I got ready and went to my parents' home. My mom makes sure that we all have family time frequently. I went in and saw mom and Lydia in the kitchen.

"Hi, Mom. Hi Lydia", I greeted.

"Hi, brother"

"Hi Adrian", my mom hugged me.

"Need any help", I asked my mom

"Everything is done"

"Ok. Where are dad and Connor" I asked

"In the study, most probably talking about business", Lydia replied rolling her eyes

"And grandpa?"

"In his room taking rest. Go get him down to have lunch. Lydia, you go and call dad and Connor", mom said

"Ok", we both said at the same time

"Hi grandpa"

"Hi Adrian"

"How are you?", I asked

"I am fine. How are you? When did you come?"

"I am also fine. I came just a few minutes back", I replied

"Lunch is ready, let's go down", I told him and he nodded and we both went down. The rest of them were already present at the dining table. After lunch, I was sitting with Lydia and Connor.

"Let's go to that new club that opened recently. What about next Sunday", Lydia asked us.

"Shall I ask Ava too?", she asked again

"I will call and tell her", I said without thinking. I didn't want to know them about Ava and me so soon. It's still new and I wanted to take some time before telling anyone.

"When did you get her number?" Lydia asked raising her eyebrow

"When I went to drop her", I said rubbing back. She is not going to leave me now.

"And?"

"There's nothing else, I have her number so I said I will tell her"

"You are hiding something", she said looking into my eyes

"Ok. We went on a date yesterday", I said defeated

"Wow", she shrieked.

"Calm down Lydia, I don't want mom and dad to know about it so soon"

"Tell me about the date", she asked jumping.

"I am not going to share the details about my date with you"

"Do you share the details about our dates with Adrian", Connor asked

"No, why would I do that? ", Lydia replied

"Then why are you asking him", Connor said

"Fine", she huffed in anger and left

"Thank bro, otherwise she wouldn't have got off my back", I said

We stayed there for dinner also and then I went back home. It was already late. I quickly sent a good night text to Ava. I don't get a reply. Maybe she is already asleep. I worked for some time and then slept.