4. still coming up with nicknames, i see.

The rain pattered down onto the window. At this point, nobody else in the dorm was up- other than Averie.

The girl didn't sleep last night, the indentation and memory of the Burned One lingered in her mind. She couldn't let her guard down- well that's what her natural defensive reflexes told her. And... she didn't want to be victim to the nightmares, she had already been plagued to enough of those to last a lifetime- she didn't need another topic to dream about.

She had grown sick of reading over the same words of the same page of the same book. Most of the seven hours she should have been sleeping consisted of daydreaming. Replaying the words Stella had said, well... shouted at her last night.

"Might electrocute someone you didn't mean to. Oh wait! That wouldn't be the first time."

"I didn't lash out one night and permanently paralyse my brother!"

Those two statements played infinite times and were like an infection in her memory. How did Stella know all of that? She was the Princess of Solaria but the Queen surely didn't know... did she?

"You're gonna give yourself wrinkles at this rate..." The girl whispered from across the room, it was an English accent and besides, she could hear Bloom's consistent, gentle breathes which couldn't be classed as snoring.

A blush was visible on the lightly tanned girl's face, due to the light that shone through the window- surprising as it was five in the morning. "I can't help it... She dwelled, gliding the book over into the gap amongst the linear-placed books, legs swinging over the side of the bed. Her magic swiping open draws delicately, picking out some dark leggings, clean underwear and a thin jumper. The items landing into her hands, her body shifting off of the bed, Aisha looking at her, gathering her set of swimwear.

After the two had gathered everything they needed from the room, they left without making another noise- not wanting to wake up their still sleeping dorm mate. The couple made their ways to the bathroom. "Finally, we can talk properly." The taller girl stated, stripping down into nothing- Averie was unfazed by the action, however, she wasn't perverted and looked down. Her eyes remained at eye-level. "You haven't had a wink of sleep." Her voice struggled, due to her persistent struggle on getting the skin-tight suit.

Averie began to rid herself of her clothes, realising the erratic swollen marks that lacquered her wrists. They didn't look like they were going to fade anytime soon. Aisha witnessed the girl and how her mind became wrapped in the wounds from the previous night. "Averie... you need to put the events of last night into the past. You'll never get through this if you don't." She listened to the words of her roommate, she truly did.

The air user stepped into her under, proceeding to throw on her bra. "It's hard when you're the first person to see a Burned One in nearly two decades." Her hands slipping the blanch-toned jumper over her head, whilst the other slipped on some sweatpants over her swimsuit.

"Well, just being blunt here," here words speeding up, "it doesn't matter. You're safe inside the barrier and that's a fact." Averie slipped on the dark, monochrome leggings- acknowledging the words Aisha had said.

"I'll try. But I'm not promising it'll work." The girl said it more to herself than to the one in her company.

The water fairy smiled. "Well, trying is the one thing you have control over. Ready?" She finished tying both her: laces and her hair. "You need Musa to fix that haircut."

"Don't remind me." Averie groaned.

The duo walked down to the entrance of Fairy Hall, separating as Aisha headed down for a swim in the river, whilst the other jogged around the grounds of Alfea. It had been a ritual; a stress-relief for her post-traumatic tendencies of being a state of constant worry and biting her nails. Nobody knew of her past and she was adamant for that secret to be cherished and unrevealed until she could fully trust who she told. She hoped Stella kept her gob shut- for her own safety from an electric shock.