10. she's dead and I'm the one who killed her.

What Professor Harvey said was a bit of a stretch... 

Yes, the claw mark was healing progressively, but it still hurt like an absolute bitch- her words exactly. However, she had much more to feel hurt about and she did feel the betrayal.

Averie had never anticipated that Stella would actually let the cat out of the bag. The air fairy was just glad that Bloom's secret of being a changeling remained that... a secret.

A new world. A new life. She didn't need that on top of her world being turned upside down.

It was her own fault, though. She made out with Sky in a drunken state and the fairy wasn't going to deny the constant flirtation between her and the boy.

It was difficult for Averie to admit that she was embarrassed as she walking through the cafeteria. Eyes trailing on her. They were hard to shake as they were joined with whispers.

They thought she was a psycho thanks to Stella. Even if she had given a little bit of context about the entire paralysis situation- it wouldn't change anything about it. 

She didn't even want to think about the events with Sky last night. Even if his kisses were bliss- it was awkward for her to reconjure the memories. But they were moments she wouldn't forget and she didn't want them to fade. Those emotions she felt when she was with him... they were too significant to vanish.

Her destination was supposed to be the foyer outside of Miss Dowling's office- Aisha was her new temporary assistant whilst Callum was away due to a family emergency. Averie couldn't make out if she was doing it to get into Dowling's good books or to help their roommate find answers about her heritage.

However, as her trainer-covered feet were halted. An obstacle was placed in front of her. "Averie Alexander... not only did you paralyse your brother but you're also a boyfriend snatching slut." The aquamarine eyes belonged to Kat, one of Stella's second-year friends and also a specialist.

"Not the one who had her tongue down ten guys throats last week." Her brown eyes remained the colour, not daring to live up to her rumours. "Don't start something you can't finish." Her jumper brushing past the girl's side, her head held her. It was fake but she needed the confidence boost.

She didn't give a shit if the assembly was mandatory to attend, the way she sneaked out of the building proved that. Not knowing another air fairy had their eyes on her movements. Averie retrieved her phone from the pocket of her noir Alfea hoodie. Her thumb scrolling through her contacts list. Eyes landing on two names. Not knowing which one to click on and start typing to. 'Ditching the assembly. Im @ the east wing.' Her eyes lingered on the message, holding her phone in her hand she walked. Her feet trudged on the gravel path, no faculty as she stood in the courtyard that had held the party a week ago.

She sensed a presence behind her. Her body pivoting to see the brunette vision of the girl she had been avoiding. Beatrix. "See that I'm not the only one playing truant..." Her sickeningly sweet voice ringing in her ears. She said nothing in return to the lip stained girl. "You may be the only one here who's smart enough to see through my act..."

That put the girl on edge, her body surging with molten, mobile electricity. The blazer-wearing girl circling the jumper adorning one. "I knew it from moment we met in the Stone Circle..." The irises of her once mahogany eyes became an icy visage, her body charging volts of electricity, "that I'd have to kill you." The girl didn't have a chance to conjure her emotions or her magic.

Her cotton covered chest was the impact zone. The funnels of charge crackled along her body. The blue sparks created a surge that tossed her body backwards. Her throat coughed up the hot, sweltering blood that should have remained in her veins, arteries and capillaries. Averie's eyes helpless and hoping that she could salvage herself. But she couldn't.