First Name Basis

(I know this book is kind of starting out a little slow but trust me, we're getting to the juicier bits!)

Emilia tears apart the rest of a rather delectable cream cheese Danish as she pushes her chair away from the table as she pops a piece of the edge that she had dipped in the center into her mouth she briskly walks to the dining room entrance. She pointedly ignores the glare from Delmont as he clears his throat, clearly telling her to ask to be excused. It wasn't part of his damn rules, she wasn't about to do it.

Mad didn't begin to describe how she felt about this, what in the world was even the point of half of them! Her mother knew that she was a good kid, and he had already told her about that stupid body guard thing, but why did he have to follow her around the house! That seemed entirely pointless and definitely invaded her personal space and privacy. She thought with frustration as he followed her out into the hall, keeping a respectful distance at least. 

Yanking her phone from her pocket Emilia furiously sent a message to Jazz requesting she meet her at the usual place as soon as possible. They had, a lot, of things to discuss. She snarls to herself, muttering quite a few not very nice things about her new stepfather under her breath as she went.

"Would you like me to bring the car around Miss Heart?" Came the voice from far above her head but right over her ear, much closer than she thought he had been.

"Oh, yes, thank you, Mr. Knyte." Emilia murmurs, glancing at him with a small tight smile before returning to her phone to check Jasmine's reply as she apparently felt the need to ask if her 'hot bodyguard' was coming too. Unfortunately she had to respond yes to the stupid question as she opens and slams the front door behind her to get down the steps to the waiting car driven by Mr. Smiley. 

"Where to Miss Heart?" He asks, adjusting the mirror to see her more directly and glancing at her as he takes off the sunglasses revealing astonishing grey eyes that were gorgeous with his dark hair. They took away her breath for the briefest moment and have her forgetting all about where she is trying to get to, letting her stammer as her eyes are transfixed by his beautiful clouded ones.

"Oh, uh, to Books, Brews, and Bakes, the uh coffee shop." She murmurs getting quieter as she trails off not knowing the exact address. Thankfully, he didn't seem to need it as he steps on the gas hard, peeling off as a surprisingly safe driver. "Oh, and please, just call me Emilia, Mr. Knyte, if we have to spend so much time together, no reason to be so formal about it." Emilia mentions, it was true and she truly did not feel like having her mother's name repeated at her all the time.

"Yes Miss He. .  Emilia." He says, still very formal but at least he was using her first name now. She thinks, turning to look out the window as she focuses on the passing cars and street signs. She realized that she hadn't paid the least bit of attention on the way over and was now completely lost as she rest her chin on her fist.

"Hey, Mr. Knyte?" He makes a short hmmm of acknowledgement to her question. Glancing at her in the mirror again as he continues to drive at surprisingly fast speeds for how safe she feels. "What is Mr. Delmont's address?" 

"1225 South Park Lane" He responds, still in that monotone voice of his that made him sound like a damn robot.

She nods her head slowly, trying to memorize that fact but knowing she would forget it soon enough. She can't help the sigh that escapes her lips as she glances down at the phone in her hand telling her that  she wouldn't be there for half an hour. Just great, she would have to entertain herself with Mr. Personality for at least half an hour. Or, she could just read one of the many books that they had there. 

Pondering her possible choices of first what to read and then what to drink she jolts to attention as the door is pulled out from under her elbow and she nearly falls out of the car. Caught first by the seat belt nearly choking her and then a gentle hand catching her chin and arm, tilting her back into the seat. The hand gently tilts her head up, still taking a hold of her arm.