13

Dominic's POV:

"... I love you more than I ever imagine I could possibly love a person apart from my self"

Cheryl, along with the rest of the crowd chuckle.

"Since the day I met you, I knew you were different. You've changed me for the better. I thought I had it all, until I met you and realised the massive hole I had ignored. You filled it with your love, humour, and affection. You complete me. You make me the happiest man in the world. And you give me a reason to continue breathing each day."

He looks up at Cheryl's face with pure love and adoration as she wipes the tears bursting through her eyes.

Cole releases a nervous chuckle before continuing. His eyes glued to the woman he loved more than life itself.

"I only have one goal in life. To start a family with you and grow old with you by my side. Nothing would make me happier then to spend the rest of my life with you." He looks down at the ring box and realises that it's been closed the whole time.

Everyone laughs quietly as Cole quickly opens the box to reveal a large, shining diamond ring. He smiles wide as he watched Cheryl's face light up, her eyes never leave Cole's face. Not for a second.

"Yes" she blurts out.

Cole laughs before continuing "Cheryl Madison DuPo-"

"YES" she repeats louder, not letting him continue.

"Can I at least finish?" Cole jokingly questions.

"You don't need to, I already know my answer" Cheryl says softly, placing her hand on Coles shoulder. 

"At least let me ask, for me?" He pouts.

Cheryl just laughs before she nods, tears still running down her face.

"Cheryl Madison DuPont, will you make me happier than the happiest man in the world and marry me?"

Cheryl, now unable to form a sentence, nods her head and lifts Cole up by the arms to kiss him.

He places the ring on her finger as the whole room begins clapping. They quiet down and people begin to crowd around to congratulate the newly engaged couple.

I walk up to Cole and give him a hug.

"Did I look dumb?" he asks me in a whisper. I chuckle "yeah, like a total pussy whipped dumbass" he smiles nervously. I look into his eyes, "I'm happy for you" I say with nothing but honestly.

Cole smiles wider then I've ever seen him and hugs me again. He opens his mouth to say something before a loud bang silences the room. The people chat amongst themselves in low, hushed voices. But I knew exactly what it was.

A gunshot.

It came from the balcony.

I search the room in a panic looking for that specific person and run out to the balcony, grabbing my gun from my waistband. Standing before me is a sight I prayed I would never see from the day I met her.

Hope is laying on the ground covered in blood, cuts and bruises. She's sobbing hysterically and struggling to breath. Above her stood a man, he had a leg on either side of her and was pointing a gun straight at her head.

Hope's face is turned to her left as she focuses on the ground.

Without a second thought, I aim and shoot the man right in the heart, not knowing who he is.