18

Hope's POV:

I feel weight on my waist as I blink back to consciousness. Dominic's heavy arm is wrapped around my waist and he groans as he pulls me closer to his hard chest.

"Goodmorning baby" he growls in a low, rough voice that makes me feel tingles in my lower stomach.

"Goodmorning" I manage squeak back.

The way he says the word 'baby' makes it seem so special, it makes ME feel so special. I snuggle up closer to him and we lay in bed, still half asleep, for a few minutes.

I hear my phone chime and choose to ignore it, I hear it chime again and I ignore it again. I then hear a bunch of texts spamming my phone, and finally my phone begins to ring.

"Answer it" Dominic mumbles into my shoulder. I do as he says and lift myself off the bed to answer my phone. It's Nora.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hello? That's all you have to say??" Nora barks from the phone.

I don't say anything for a few seconds, "you good?" I ask, still not sure what to say.

"Hope seriously, this isn't time for jokes. You didn't come home last night and I was worried about you."

"Thanks for you concern but I'm fine" I reassure her.

"Where are you?" She sighs from the phone.

I look over at a sleeping Dominic and walk out the door, closing it quietly. "I'm at Dominic's house" I answer.

I hear silence before Nora starts squealing in my ear. "OMG OMG OMG WHAT HAPPENED??? DID YOU TWO...?" She didn't have to complete the sentence because I knew what she meant.

"NO! NOTHING HAPPENED!"

"Don't lie to me young lady" she orders through the phone.

I sigh in defeat, "we just slept".

"That's all?"

"Mhm" I hum.

I hear the door open and I turn around to see Dominic standing in the hallway. He's in the same sweatpants as yesterday, but he threw on a black v-neck shirt that hugs and highlights every muscle in his body.

What is happening to me?

"Look, I gotta go but I'll be back at the apartment soon. Love you" I hang up and walk over to Dominic.

"Nora?" He questions.

I just nod my head and hug him around his waist.

I pull away and check the time on my phone. I nearly have a heart attack when I see it.

"ITS 5PM?" I shout in shock.

Dominic's eyes widen and we scramble to grab our things and rush out the door.

Dominic drops me off at my apartment and I jump out of his matte black Ferrari Stradale, not before giving him a peck on the lips. I stand frozen when I realise what I had just done, he seemed completely unfazed by it as he drove away instantly.

I head inside my apartment and sure enough, Nora is panicking and getting ready.

We have to be at the venue my dad booked for our Christmas party at 6:30. Our driver is picking us up at 6:15.

I run to the shower and wash my hair quickly. Nora blow dries and straightens my dark hair as I do a full face of makeup. I choose to go with a dark smokey eye with winged eyeliner, lashes, and red lipstick.

I'm finally done with my hair and makeup and it's 6:08pm. I rush over to the walk-in closet and slip on my emerald green dress and black stilettos with snakes around the ankles. I spray my perfume on and accessorize.

Nora is wearing a floor length, sleeveless, red dress with a slit on one side which she paired with black stilettos that have diamond straps

I get the text from my driver that he's outside and Nora and I begin to head down the elevator

The party is boring so far, it's mostly filled with my dad colleagues and a few family friends that I grew up with.

The microphone screeches and I turn my attention away from Nora and Dominic and look at the stage. My dad is standing with the microphone placed firmly in his hands. "Excuse me" he says confidentially. The whole room goes quiet as every head turns to my dad.

He clears his throat before continuing, "as you guys may know, I love my family as all of you very much. However, 23 years ago my wife and I had chose to keep our secret away from our children until they turn 20. My eldest son, Kyle, turned 20 two years ago and true to our word, we told him the truth on his birthday." I look over at Kyle who is glaring at my dad. He glances at the ground, then lifts his head to look at me. "Now that my youngest child and only daughter had turned 20 two weeks ago. We were hesitant to tell her due to... personal complications. But I believe it is time. A round of applause for breaking the walls that holds us apart." The room fills with applause from the crowd. I've never felt so left in the dark before. "Kyle and Hope, please meet us in the third room up the stairs" my dad announces before jumping off the stage.

I turn to look for Kyle who is already walking towards me. My eyes leave him and meet with Dominics. He looks scared for the first time ever. Dominic simply nods before turning around and slowly walking to the bar.

Kyle gently grabs my wrist with his hand and guides me to the room.