Part 3

You were sure to follow closely behind Steve to where you would take down Hydra's hellicarriers. He was the one chosen to babysit you. At least, that's how you thought of it. How ever it worked out, there were going to be two people teaming up, so better be safe and put the brainwashed assassin with someone trustworthy. You didn't mind it though. You understood. Even you didn't trust you. So you stayed quiet and remained in his shadow as everyone went they're separate ways to get to their assigned hellicarrier.

To your surprise, you and Steve actually made a good team, despite, to your knowledge, never working with him before now. You were the offense and he was the defense, and together you were able to push through the hellicarrier to the room where you could replace the targeting blade. As the two of you made your way toward the tower, a popping noise came from a loudspeaker above you.

*Russian

"Longing," a voice boomed.

You stopped. "No," you breathed. You could feel it beginning in the back of your mind.

Steve had realized you stopped and turned to see what was wrong. "Y/n? What is it?"

"Rusted."

You winced, the pain increasing as the words went on.

"Y/n, what's going on?" Steve asked, a sense of urgency in his voice.

"You need to get out of here," you warned, breathing through the pain.

"Furnace."

You cried. There was nothing you could do. There was no where you could go. You were trapped, and they were going to make you kill Steve. You fell to your knees as the pain became almost unbearable.

"Daybreak."

"Y/n? What happened? Are you okay?" Bucky asked through the ear piece.

You couldn't answer. Your head felt like it was throbbing.

"Seventeen."

You held your head in your hands trying to ease the pain as best you could. You almost didn't notice Steve kneeling at your side trying to ask you what was wrong.

"Go! Steve... go now!" you screamed through your cries of agony.

He didn't move.

"Benign. Nine."

You could feel yourself slipping. Your memories from the last day were becoming foggy. You heard a voice in your ear.

"Steve, talk to me! What's going on with my sister?"

"I don't know, Buck. They started saying something over the loud speaker and she just went down."

"Homecoming."

"Well, figure it out Steve! I'm not losing her again after a day!"

"I know, I know, but I don't know what I can do! She won't answer me!"

"One."

"Well whatever's happening to her, you guys don't have long until Hydra's targeting system comes online," Hill warned.

"Freight car."

The screaming stopped. The pain stopped. You slowly stood to your feet.

"Soldier?"

"Ready to comply."

"Kill him. Now."

Your eyes locked on to the man in the red, white and blue uniform.