17.

sunshiiiiines! hi!! 
there's a tiny lil time skip in this chapter just because I wanna keep it going with owen in the story.
enjoy this chapter and let me know what you guys think :) 
(and thank you for all the votes and comments i love u guys hehe) 

Twenty days later. December 29, 2019. Los Angeles California.

The entire month of December seemed to drag on and on. I've never experienced time move so slowly, but I also haven't done much to make myself feel busy. I spent a lot of time at my parents' house since returning from Vancouver, but that's about it. I tried to fill my time, but nothing here has been as fulfilling to me as being on a TV show set with my best friends.

Every day felt longer than the last, but now it's the end of December. It's my birthday.

The only thing getting me through this month is the fact that Owen and Charlie are supposed to be coming in early on the morning of the 31st so that we can celebrate New Year's together, so at least I've had that to look forward to. Two more days.

I spent my entire day with my parents. They took me out to lunch and dinner, and I basically hung around their house for the rest of my day. I just didn't want to be alone. Around ten, though, I went back to my own apartment. Today was just a little off for me. I turned 20, meaning I'm not a teenager anymore, and that realization hurts. My friends are all in different states, so I spent the entirety of the day with my parents. Not that that's a bad thing...I love my parents, but I miss my friends and I would have rather spent it with them.

Not to mention, I've always hated my birthday. I hate getting older, and today I hate the fact that I'm going officially in my twenties. I almost cried a few different times.

And here I am now. 20 years old. Sitting on my couch at 11 p.m., eating a bowl of Captain Crunch on my couch while watching New Girl all alone. What a day.

I talked to most of my friends today. Savannah, Charlie, and Madi all FaceTimed me, everyone else texted me nice messages and posted on their Instagrams. Well...everyone except for the one person I really wanted to talk to today.

Owen and I have talked at least every few days since we left Vancouver. I'd check in on him, he'd check in on me..We had a system. But no birthday text or call.

It's not that I was necessarily expecting him to message me, but I guess I kind of was. We're good friends, and that's what you do on your friends' birthdays. You make an effort, and make them feel special. Right? Or am I just expecting too much?

I stare blankly at the TV on my wall, shoveling spoonfuls of cereal into my mouth as I do so. I tell myself that I'll go to bed after this episode, but I probably won't. Why would I? It's not like I have anything to do tomorrow.

Just as I'm about to give up and head off to my room, I hear a knock on my door and my eyes immediately widen as I look at the clock on my stove. 11:57. Who the fuck is knocking on my door this close to midnight? 

Grabbing my phone, I slowly and skeptically walk towards the door. My heart is racing in my chest as I stand up on my tip toes so I can glance through the peephole. The door is locked, at least.

"Oh. My. God," I whisper out, my heart quite literally falling to my stomach when I see who's on the other side of the door. 

I place a hand over my mouth as I race to unlock the door's several locks. I throw the heavy door open, shocking the man who is standing outside.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I yell, forgetting all about my neighbors. I don't think twice before throwing my arms around my favorite blonde in the entire world. Owen fucking Joyner. Standing at my front door.