26.

hi besties :)
i accidentally slept through my classes this morning. so. here's an update to make me feel productive even though this has nothing to do with school! yay!
also thank u for 18k reads that's crazy!!!
ok enjoy! i love u all<3

It's been over a week since I last saw Owen.

The last time I saw him, I was at his apartment while he packed for the trip he's taking to New York. Him, Charlie, Jeremy, and Kenny all met up there for a little guys trip, and I think that's the cutest thing in the world.

Kenny and his little phantoms.

It served as a little pre-bachelor party for Jeremy, considering he's getting married in a couple of weeks and the boys won't get to see him until them.

Owen did send me updates every day and called me a couple of times to catch me up on what they've been doing, but I'm pretty sure he's back in California and I haven't heard much from him in the past couple days.

I think that going a week apart has been good for us. We've spent almost every day together since the day he got back, and I could tell that both of us were starting to get dependent on each other. He really started coming everywhere with me, and I did the same with him. We took trips to the grocery store together, we went to the gyms in each of our buildings, and he even decided to come to the nail salon with me a couple of weeks ago.

He came to give me company, but somehow the ladies there convinced him to get a manicure of his own. He came home that day with freshly painted black nails, and I don't think that I've ever been more attracted to him than I was in that moment.

He left for New York a couple of days after that, which ended up being good because I don't know that I would have survived so many days of staring at his hands. They're taunting me.

While he's been gone, I managed to occupy my time pretty well. I cooked every meal for myself, I went to visit my parents, and I also bought something that I think he'll really enjoy. I've really been good at entertaining myself while also being alone.

I'm currently sitting at home, watching my new little gift to myself from across the apartment. I smile to myself, feeling very satisfied with the week that I've had. Although, I do miss Owen a lot. I got so used to him being around constantly, it was kind of an adjustment.

Just as I'm thinking about texting Owen to see if he's home yet, my phone starts ringing on the couch cushion beside me. Speak of the devil...

"Hi, sunshine," I say with a grin, holding my phone to my ear.

"Hey, sunflower," he speaks softly. There goes that familiar ache in my chest. "What are you up to?"

"Nothing much. Watching TV. What are you doing?"

"I'm in the elevator," he answers simply and my eyes narrow.

"Did you just get home?" I question, wondering why he called me now. Could it not have waited until he was in his apartment?

"No, I got back a couple hours ago," he says.

"Where are you headed?" I ask, adjusting my body so I'm sitting on my legs.

"I gotta go," he speaks suddenly and I hear the call end. I stare down at my phone in confusion.

What was that about?

Seconds later I hear a very frantic knock on the front door of my apartment, making me laugh. I hop right up from the couch, sprinting to my front door to open it.

"You're a dumbass," I say, looking up at Owen, who was in my building during that entire phone call.

"But...." he stares down at me with a dumb smile, opening his arms wide for a hug.