Chapter 3~

The sound of my phone woke me up, vibrating loud enough to shake the entire bed.

My eyelids fluttered open, a groan escaping my mouth as I reached for my phone.

"Hello?" I groggily asked, attempting to rub the sleep out of my eyes.

"You were supposed to be at work an hour ago."

The sentence alone was enough to send adrenaline throughout my entire body. I sat up straight, now holding the phone up to my ear.

"I'M SORRY, I'LL BE THERE SHORTLY!" you yelled, launching yourself out of the bed. You scrambled reaching for the endless pile of clothes stacked on the floor. You picked up a sweater, sniffing it lightly. After determining it was clean, you threw it on, sliding into a pair of pants while entering your kitchen.

You quickly fed your cat, throwing some hot pockets into your microwave. You moved throughout your house, brushing your teeth, putting on any necessities, while quickly shoving the burning hot hot pockets into your mouth.

You rushed out of the house, starting to run down the street. You hurriedly entered the small tea shop, trying your best to control your ragged breaths.

You walked behind the counter and into the small break room in the back of the kitchen. That's where he greeted you.

He was slightly taller than you, his dark green hair slicked back, only a few tufts popped out of their place. He wore a stoic look, gazing out at you with the intensity of an angry driver to a red traffic light when he had somewhere to be. His eyes sparkled when maintaining eye contact with him, a light sigh escaping his lips. He grabbed a cigarette out of his coat pocket, popping it in his mouth before beginning to light it.

"You're late again Y/N." The flick of the lighter cutting into his words. You threw your stuff onto the floor before throwing your arms around the man.

"Cut the shit, Marco." You wrapped him tightly in your embrace, reveling in the vanilla scent he seemed to emanate.

Marco had been your best friend since you were kids. He had moved into the apartment building you used to inhabit, knocking on your door with a bit of hesitancy.

Your energy was nothing compared to the shy young man who sat perched at your doorstep. You opened the door with a 'bang', a bright smile plastering your face. He shyly introduced himself, inviting you to play soccer with the new ball he had gotten for his birthday.

You two instantly became friends, practically becoming inseparable. Of course, the two of you had changed over the years, but behind the now seemingly emotionless man was the same shy boy you had known forever.

"Get to work L/N, before I fire your ass." He said, shoving you off of his shoulders.

Marco had always dreamed of starting his own business, all your conversations containing a new idea for a store he would start when he was older. Never would he have thought he would buy the tea shop that was going out of business.

You chuckled, throwing on your red apron and making your way to the counter.

Most days were quiet, only a few customers flowing in and out. Despite buying the store and getting it on its feet again, it never did boom with business. But maybe someday.

You worked all day, your mind wandering from time to time. You thought of Seungbae, wondering if he had sent you a message this morning you had seemed to miss. But most of all you thought of Yoonbum. The picture of the man continued to flash through your mind, your stomach swirling with butterflies. You wondered if he was doing ok, what was going through his mind.

An endless amount of questions swirling through your mind. At some point Marco had come up behind you, startling you with a spring onto your shoulders. You yelped, turning around to lightly punch him in his laughing state.

"You can go home now, thanks for coming in."

"Sorry for being late." You returned, a tinge of guilt flashing through your eyes.

"Tch, just don't do it again. I'll let it go this one time."

You hummed, grinning while peeling off your apron. You threw it onto his face, exiting the counter while he scrambled to pull the apron off of his face. He flashed you a scowl, growling at you while you made yourself a coffee for the walk home.

"And that's coming out of your paycheck." He said, making you lightly chuckle.

"Bye stupid." You replied walking out of the shop.

"Bye brat."

You sipped on the hot coffee, beginning your commute homewards. You walked down the empty streets, staring at the sun as it faded beneath the skyline. You felt sleep grasp at your throat, causing you to let out a yawn despite the fact you had overslept his morning.

You passed the crosswalk, vividly remember pulling Yoonbum out of the street, his teary face as he clung on to you for dear life.

You continued home, only stopping to throw the now empty coffee cup into the trash. Soon enough, you were stepping into your small apartment building, riding the elevator to the top floor. With a flick of your wrist, you unlocked your door, dragging yourself into the apartment.

You threw yourself onto your couch, grabbing the remote to turn on the tv. You propped up your feet while tuning on the tv.

You felt your breath hitch as a picture of Yoonbum flashed onto the tv. His image was different from yesterday. His hair was longer, flowing into his eyes, a bright smile plastered his face. You felt yourself move, aiming your eyes closer to the television.

"Yesterday, a man was seen throwing himself into a crosswalk only to be saved by an oncoming pedestrian."

You scoffed, knowing the news was spinning the truth of the actual situation.

"Luckily the man who goes by the name Yoonbum is now recovering at the local hospital, after being pushed out of the way." The screen cut to a new man, Seungbae. He was being interviewed, trying his best to answer the several questions the newscast was asking him.

You listened, only tearing your gaze away to check your phone. You hadn't been on all day, realizing the somewhat severity of the situation. What if someone had tried to reach you?

You opened up your device, scrolling through the various notifications that littered across your screen. Most were game ads, asking for your return and of course 'leave a review'. You continued to scroll, still fixating your ears as they began to talk about Yoonbums trial.

"As many of you know, Yoonbum happened to be the only survivor of the latest murder case. He was reportedly kidnapped, his ankles being broken in the process. Although he was rescued, the law looked into his relationship with the man, to determine whether or not they were classified as lovers." You glanced up at the tv. The news reporter now staring eye to eye with you, the only thing separating you was the screen.

"Onlookers reported hearing the man shout his captor's name, once again opening the case, just as Yoonbum was about to be proclaimed 'Free'. Now on to other news..."

You hurriedly switched the channel, wanting to focus your attention elsewhere. You stuttered a breath, continuing to scroll, once again, through your phone. You finally got to the many missed calls Marco had left you along with various messages. You read them, laughing to yourself at his angry attitude.

That was until you got to one message, your eyes opening themselves in shock. A message from Seungbae was sent at 3:56 am.

"Mr. Yoon is awake."

"And he wants to talk to you."