Chapter 4~

I have never fully understood fear. Children hiding under their bed at the thoughts of monsters in their closets, the ear-piercing screams of civilians on a rollercoaster falling down that final heart-stopping drop, pedestrians picking up their pace the second they've noticed the sun has started to set beyond the horizon, something I've seen many times before but have never fully understood myself.

But now I'm starting to understand. My heart beating out of my chest, my body temperature increasing, sweat starting to drip down my forehead, this lump in my throat that felt almost impossible to swallow, they were all symptoms of fear.

Never would I have thought the one thing to make me feel like this, would be standing in front of a hospital.

I could hear the sounds of footsteps on the marble path around me, subconsciously wondering how many of those people were staring at me in curiosity.

Eyes were burning into my figure, mine being focused on the sign that signified my location. The big red cross illuminated a bright light, falling onto all the pedestrians below. I shifted, hoping to pull myself out of the trance I found myself in.

I began to tear my gaze away from the sign and onto the phone my clammy hand still held. Seungbae's contact remained open, giving me all the information on where he was located as well as instructions to successfully get into the room while avoiding the press.

Yoonbum had requested my presence, the reason still unbeknownst to me. I could be walking into that room to be yelled at once again, to have a peaceful conversation with the man, to listen to an apology that I so rightfully deserved. The possibilities were endless, my dread only increasing with every step I began to take into the hospital.

I had chosen the wrong shoes for the day, deciding on a pair of black boots with a stern heel. With every step I took, the sharp sound of the heel would ricochet throughout the air, falling into the ears of everyone walking around.

I wanted to dress politely, deciding somewhat fancy would be the best way to show my thoughts. I wore black pants, slightly tucked into my boots below, matched with a grey turtleneck cable knit sweater. I no longer had my occasional jacket, instead, I threw on another black jacket, I left it unzipped to still protect myself from the cold but look like I at least knew how to dress formally.

My steps were sharp, but my eyes were sharper, piercing into the gaze of everyone who had been previously staring. I kept my gaze forward, wanting to seem that I had my thoughts together, but my stomach was slightly beginning to ache at the anticipation of seeing the man I had saved once again.

Onlookers swallowed their thoughts and hesitantly looked away as I entered the hospital doors. The two main doors were automatic, opening at my presence with a 'swoosh'.

I tucked my hands into my pockets, my fear only increasing as I walked to the front desk. I recalled Seungbaes' instructions, mentally processing how I would formulate my sentences.

I approached the desk, meeting the eyes of a woman. She was stunning, bright brown eyes and her lips shining with a tint of gloss against bright red lipstick. As she saw me approach, she tilted her head and a smile appeared on her face.

If she was faking her attitude as means for her job, I would be convinced, her smile made my anxiety slightly fade away.

"How can I help you today?'' she asked, the smile never beginning to fade from her lips. I stuttered my sentence, still not familiar with the act of public speaking.

"I was asked to come here today, room 245." I began, beginning to formulate answers to the questions she was sure to ask.

"Ah, Seungbaes request huh?" The response was the last thing I expected, my face most likely expressing my confusion as the lady began to chuckle.