02. ANA, RIGHT?

CHAPTER TWO

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH ANA
RETURNS TO HER FRIENDS

. . .

"WELL, THAT WAS A BORE and a half." Ron wasn't even halfway through the door before he announced his distaste. "Can't believe I don't have a choice in this."

"It's an honour to be chosen as prefect, Ron." Hermione all but rolled her eyes as she followed close behind him. "Hi Harry... and everyone else." She added, as she noticed just how many people were sat within the compartment. "Ana, Neville."

Hermione's eyes flickered over to Luna momentarily, but she said nothing of the upside down magazine or the odd earrings. "Anything exciting happen whilst we were gone?"

"Neville covered us all in Stinksap from his new Assyrian plant." Ana hummed. Neville turned pink again, glancing away. "Oh no, don't worry about it, I imagine it can be quite good for the skin." She smiled. "Right, Trevor?"

Her attention turned down to the toad sitting merrily in her lap. He had landed there not long after the whole Mimbulus Mimbletonia incident and had remained there, seemingly to prefer sitting upon Ana's lap rather than struggling away in the grasp of Neville's. Initially, Ana had been rather uncomfortable, considering it was a toad and all, but it was nothing in comparison to the plant slime she had been subject to, and relaxed.

Neville, however, appeared to be somewhat concerned that his pet liked someone else better than him, and Ana had decided upon giving him Trevor back every so often in his newly relaxed state.

Ron glanced around, offering a smile to the Ravenclaw that seemed almost nervous - he had asked Ana out to the Yule Ball twice the Christmas before, having not understood what the hell was so good about Durmstrang boys. Like Hermione, he didn't pay much attention to Luna, other than a certain look towards Harry and a shrug of his shoulders before settling in his seat. "So not that much, then." The Weasley confirmed.

"There are two fifth-year prefects from each House," Hermione announced, looking thoroughly disgruntled at Ron's dismissal as she took her seat. "A boy and a girl from each."

"And guess who's a Slytherin prefect?" Ron scowled, reaching for one of the Chocolate Frogs that sat in the pile by Ana. Trevor croaked helplessly. At that moment, Ana decided on returning the poor toad back to his own. Neville looked delighted as his beloved pet returned to his lap, not noticing the abject horror in the poor creature's eyes as it no less than two seconds away from being forced to watch Ron scarf down his chocolate counterpart.

Harry didn't even have to consider it. "Malfoy." He grumbled, shaking his head.

"'Course," Ron said bitterly, stuffing the rest of the Frog into his mouth and taking another. Ana pushed the rest of the pile his way.

"And that complete cow Pansy Parkinson," Hermione added, rather viciously compared to her usual insistence on niceties. On their trip to the World Cup the year before, Ana had practically been scolded when she completed the perfectly nice arse of the perfectly-nice-with-a-perfectly-nice-personality Irish Chaser. "How she got to be a prefect when she's thicker than a concussed troll I'll never know."

"Who's Hufflepuff?" Harry asked.

"Ernie Macmillan and Hannah Abbott," Ron replied. Ana already knew about that and nodded absentmindedly.

"And Anthony Goldstein and Miya Moon for Ravenclaw," Hermione added. "Although Padma Patil seemed to wander by looking disappointed, I think she might have expected it."