Valentine's Day snow storms and sweatshirts

3rd person POV

                       It was February fourteenth, and the entire state was snowed in. Therefore, Clove and Cato couldn't spend Valentine's Day together.

Clove was up in her bedroom doing homework when the door opened downstairs and her older sister called for her.

"Clove! You're boyfriend's here!" She broke into laughter. Clove jogged down the stairs.

"What do you mean my boyfriend's here? Cato couldn't possibly..." She trailed off at the sight of the opened door and her snow-covered boyfriend. He was holding a red box and a bouquet of roses. "Oh my God, Cato...!" She started to laugh, running over to hug him.

"Mom! Come quick! The sweetest thing is happening!" Clove's sister hollered. Mrs. Kentwell came out of the kitchen and ran to her two daughters.

"Mom...Cato walked in the snow, all the way here, just to be with me..." Clove smiled.

"C...can I please come in? I...I'm freezing..." Cato shivered.

"Oh yeah, sorry..." Clove brushed the snowflakes out of his blonde hair and closed the door behind him.

"Happy Valentine's Day Clo." Cato grinned at her.

"You're the sweetest." Clove leaned in and their lips met. Then there was a flash of light and they pulled apart, slightly blinded.

"Mom...why do you have to take a photo every time me and Cato are together?" Clove groaned.

Her mother shrugged. "Because I'm a mother."

Clove brought Cato to the kitchen to get two mugs of hot chocolate and then led him upstairs.

"Here, I'll get you one of your sweatshirts that I've stolen." Clove offered, going to her closet and pulling out an ESPN sweatshirt that used to be Cato's.

After he tugged it on, they both sat on Clove's bed.

"So, here are your roses." Cato handed her the flowers.

"Thanks, they're so pretty." Clove smelled the flowers and smiled.

"But not as pretty as you." Cato winked at her, making her laugh.

"Oh my God...you're so cheesy..." Clove scoffed at him. She leaned over to kiss his cheek. "But thank you."

"Open the box." Cato looked at her in anticipation.

"I hope you didn't spend a lot of money on me blondie." Clove tentatively took the box.

"So what if I did?"

"Then you wasted money on me."

"You are not a waste of money."

Clove undid the ribbon and opened the box. She lifted out a gold ring. It had a single medium-sized diamond in the center. Engraved on the band was the date that the couple met and the words, Love you always~Cato.

"Oh my God...Cato...it's amazing..."

Cato took the ring from her. "You always wear that ring that I won for you in the arcade on our first date, so I figured that it was time to get you a new one. It's called a promise ring. It symbolizes the promise that we'll stay together. And then someday, we'll replace it with an engagement ring."

Clove smiled down at him. "That was really romantic. I love it. Thank you."

Cato smiled too. He got off of the bed and dropped down to one knee. "Will you, Clove Kentwell, be my future fiancée?"

"Of course." Clove grinned at him, extending her left hand so Cato could slide the ring onto her ring finger. She leaned down and kissed him. He kissed her back, tugging her down with him. She laughed against his lips as they lost their balance and toppled over. Clove landed across his chest.

When they pulled away, Clove laughed even harder. "I got you a sweatshirt."

Cato laughed too. "So you could steal it?"

Clove buried her face in his shoulder, her shoulders shaking with laughter. "Yeah..."