Chapter 18

(This is a day after)

GENS POV

Chubs offered to take Zu to cubbies this morning and Liam had the day off. I had the bunk bed to myself. Chubs took the bed with Zu and Liam had the top bunk.

I asked them if I could move yesterday and they didn't object. Liam offered to trade spots with me, but chubs beat him too it.

While they were there I went into the restroom and washed off. I washed my face off since it looked weird from all the crying, sweat and dirt. I still wasn't proud of what happened yesterday.

When I walked out of the restroom chubs still wasn't back and I was for sure Liam was napping. He had to of been sleep deprived after what happened and all the shifts he has taken.

I was walking to sit on the porch when I heard someone speak. "Where are you going?" He asked. He knew I wasn't seeing Clancy since we didn't "work" on weekends.

"I was just going to sit on the steps. You don't have to babysit me liam. Go back to your nap." I said to him.

"I'm not babysitting you, I just didn't know, and I wasn't asleep in the first place." He said to me.

"Liam Stewart! I know when your lying, you were babysitting me." I said and he threw his head back into his pillow. Embarrassed I caught him.

"I don't even know how you all know every emotion I feel." He whispered. I laughed and walked over to the bunk bed.

Before I could sit in the bottom bunk Liam in the top bunk was moving over and making room for me to join him. He motioned for me to join him so I did.

I slowly laid down next to him and he began playing with my hair as soon as I was settled. Sending shivers down my spine, and leaving goosebumps on my skin.

He kissed the top of my head and his breathing slowed after a while. I thought he was asleep for sure until I heard him speak.

"We need to talk about yesterday" was all he said. We both sat their silent for minutes until I replied.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked him.

"What did you mean by your doing this for us?" He asked.

"Lee.....my parents, and my best friend at camp, I took their memories only by a single touch. I couldn't help it. And, I'm with Clancy, in his office day in and day out for us. I'm doing this training and learning for us, not just me." I mentioned softly.

He just nodded taking it all in. His silence was killing me. I didn't know how he was feeling or anything when he was silent.

"What did you mean when you said me and Clancy looked really close?" I asked him and I felt him tense. He didn't like this at all.

"I mean, I don't really know to be honest. Insecurity? I feel like you were replacing me or something. I just didn't want that, and so that's what I was thinking." He said to me with hurt in his words.

I nodded against him, and he played with my hair more.

"You know I wouldn't ever replace you right?" I asked him. And he said yes. I felt awful. "I'm so sorry Liam. And don't say it's ok when it's not. I over reacted and I shouldn't have ran off and stayed with Clancy." I said to him.

"What do you mean stayed!" He said clearly angry.

"No I didn't mean it like that! His guards called me in and when Clancy showed up to see what it was he took me back to his office and a I slept on his couch. Just me. I swear Liam!" I said to him.