Two gnomes and a rat (II)

While it is true that none of the skill or spells in her possession seemed to be designed to help her overcome this situation, that didn't mean that they couldn't be used in an irregular way.

Goldmi had always been a somewhat strange gamer. She often proposed and tried to use her abilities differently than what was intended in the game.

At first, Gjaki and Eldi had found it funny and absurd, as it was clear that in a game, the abilities worked exactly what they were designed for. The many failures of her partner had only reinforced their conviction.

However, one day, the suggestion of using Frozen Touch to make their enemies slide had unexpectedly worked, so leaving them speechless. From that day on, they had taken the crazy ideas of the momentarily arrogant elf more seriously. She had been unable to pass up the opportunity to take revenge for their taunting.

It is true that most of those ideas didn't even have any effect, and some even had an unexpected comic twist. Like when they tried to combine a Burning Wall with a Frozen Wall, and they all got drenched. However, that hadn't discouraged them, on the contrary, they had found it amusing.

In fact, and although Goldmi continued to make most of the absurd and impossible suggestions, little by little they too had been encouraged to make theirs. And even, a few times, they had achieved something useful, although not always what they expected. One of those times had been with Light Arrow.

The elf reacted quickly to the situation, much more than she would have when she arrived at Jorgaldur. Day after day, she had been forced to face numerous dangers, to react to them. So, imperceptibly but continually, she had been improving, and also awakening what she had learned subconsciously and somewhat ethereally in the game. In some respects, she seemed almost a veteran.

She combined Three better than one with three Light Arrows, which headed toward the enemies approaching the gnome. However, her trajectories weren't planned to hit any of them, but to do something that required much more precision and concentration.

"Close your eyes!" the elf yelled.

Her sister obeyed instantly. She not only had blind confidence in her, but she didn't take long to imagine what was going to happen.

The drelf hesitated a moment, but she did, while the others hesitated too much, something they would soon regret.

The central arrow flew in a straight line, while the other two followed a slightly more curved trajectory. They moved away first from the central one, and then got closer. She was combining Curved Shot and Accelerate to exert precise control over those two arrows, something she had found tremendously difficult to achieve in the game. In fact, it didn't always turn out well.

However, there, she could clearly perceive and control the mana flow. It wasn't easy, since it required extreme concentration to direct both arrows at the same time. In fact, not many archers would be capable of such a feat, but the elf was used to tweaking the trajectory of her arrows against moving enemies. Perhaps not with such precision, but many more at the same time.

In an instant, without giving the losts time to reach the gnome, the three arrows arrived in front of the alligator and the beetle. Then, what seemed impossible happened. The three collided at the same time with each other, which caused their power to be released suddenly, in the form of an explosion of light that blinded everyone who hadn't closed their eyes. That is, everyone except Goldmi, the lynx and Maldoa.

The feline left the reindeer, which was dying and on the verge of disappearing, and lunged at the blinded gnome. She closed her powerful jaw on the fabric protruding from his armor, and leapt with him out of reach of the losts. These had begun to hit everything around, whether it was the ground, the air, or their own allies. They were blinded and pissed off.

The drelf opened her eyes shortly after. She looked at her friend without really knowing how exactly she had done it to produce that explosion of light, but was willing to question her until she got an answer. If necessary, she would resort to the help of plants to tickle her until she confessed. For now, she just looked around, in case her help was needed.

Goldmi fired continuously, and even ignored a sudden chill. She alternated Piercing Arrow and Rough Arrow. She also took advantage of the temporary state of blindness to also use Slow Arrow, which multiplied the lethality of her attacks.

For her part, her sister had left the gnome in a safe place, and returned when the losts had not yet regained their vision. Shred, combined with Purifying Touch and Lineage of the Flame, helped eliminate the corrupted beings.

When the rest began to recover, there was no longer a trace of the enemies. They rubbed their eyes, so trying anxiously to rid themselves of the flashes of light that seemed etched into them. However, they soon realized that the danger had passed, so they sat down to rest and recover from the wounds, those flashes, the mana and the energy.

The next day, they were attacked by nine enemies at once, in what wasn't a critical situation, but it was dangerous.

"Close your eyes!"

This time, they were quick to listen to her. When they opened them, they pounced on their enemies with a menacing smile on their lips, ready to seize those moments of advantage.

Only a couple of worms weren't affected, since they had no eyes. Those worms were easily retained by the agile lynx, and they would be exterminated once the rest fell.

In total, she spent more than a month there to get to level 45. After that, they said goodbye to their companions to go to a higher level zone, although those didn't know exactly why. Just personal reasons.

The elf was saddened again by her farewell. In the end, even the ratman had turned out to be quite nice, once they managed to strike up a conversation, and understand his rat humor. Although his jokes were quite bad, they still had a certain humor, as was his obsession with cheese. It was the day that the elf offered him one of blue color and horrible smell that they definitely broke the ice.

Even Gavlda had gained confidence. She was able not only to bestow blessings without asking permission, but occasionally to initiate a conversation. She even asked some questions, which was little more than a heroic feat for her.

Once again, Goldmi wondered if she would see them again, if her paths would cross. She wished that would be the case.