Emerald tears

Despite the risk, the lynx went out to face the three eyes, to buy a little time. She thought she could go back to the tunnel and take shelter if things got bad.

Meanwhile, Goldmi had once again summoned a Twister, which reached the entrance of the tunnel. It was then that her sister took refuge beside her again, not because of her injuries, but to draw them towards the Twister.

The first of them passed over it, so part of its mana barrier was destroyed. That was the moment the archer was waiting to fire three arrows with Disruptive Touch, which entered through the gap in the barrier. They weren't sure if it would succeed, but it was worth a try.

As if cold water had been thrown on it, the eye stopped, since its Frenzy skill had been interrupted, something that also happened to the other two. They were in sync, so either all three continued, or all three stopped. And, as if they were magnets, they returned to their triangular formation.

It didn't take long for the three of them to rotate again, to execute Mortal Wheel, which was interrupted by the lynx as it entered between them. Afterward, they tried again Frenzy, so she immediately hid in the tunnel, while her sister prepared a Twister and Disruptive Touch.

The final boss' last resort was Big Eye, which consists of combining to form a single eye triple the volume. This allows for much more powerful attacks, capable of breaking many defenses.

However, there were no defenses to break. Just a nimble dodging feline who was delighted to face a single giant eye, which she could attack from behind. Plus Goldmi could shoot safely from a distance.

Thus, its tricks had been overcome by the two sisters, so the outcome of that battle was practically decided. Not for that did the three-eyes stopped from trying each of its skills over and over again, but its efforts were futile. Its health decreased until the mana that shaped it couldn't continue to hold together and disappeared.

Goldmi dropped to the ground, exhausted, and her sister approached her and lay down, while being healed of her scratches. And, meanwhile, the elf was also checking the last mana stone she had taken out, which wasn't yet filled.

They talked and joked for a while, although, to the dismay of the lynx, her sister didn't start preparing a meal. First, she wanted to find the dungeon's exit, which hadn't appeared when the final boss had been eliminated, unlike in the game. She feared it didn't exist.

"Here's something," the feline announced.

It was a narrow tunnel. It seemed impossible that the lynx could pass, but she showed the great ability of cats to get into the narrowest places. In fact, she seemed less uncomfortable than the elf, who, while not claustrophobic, didn't find the little excursion at all pleasant.

Finally, the tunnel opened into a small room, in one wall of which a fine trickle of greenish water was falling. Under it, there were three cavities, in which small but beautiful green gems had crystallized.

"What's this?" asked the lynx curiously.

"They must be the emerald tears the Oracle said. Although, I don't really know what they're for. We better keep them."

And just like she said, all three gems were stored in the inventory. The Oracle's words shouldn't be ignored, it was a lesson well learned in the game: 'In the depths of the dungeons you can find the emerald tears, which can be collected only once a year, and it is the only place where they are found. They will not be of use to you now, but, in the future, the opportunity may arise in which they are needed.'

There was also an inscription in the center of the room, which Goldmi recognized as the exit. However, before using it, they needed to rest and eat. Although, unfortunately for the feline, and also for the elf even if she didn't recognize it, the place was too small to invoke the kitchen. And the proposal to go back through the tunnel to prepare a better meal didn't have the success that the feline wanted.

It should be said that the stored food was in the same condition as the freshly cooked one. However, not only was the lynx fascinated when seeing the little fairies preparing a feast, but the act of watching and smelling the food while they were cooking it helped to whet their appetite. Plus, she could make sure there was more in stock for when needed.

Although her complaints and suggestions were ignored, it didn't mean that she became angry or stopped enjoying the food. She couldn't always win, and, to tell the truth, she did win quite often in this particular battle.

It is also true that her sister didn't put up much resistance if there weren't a good reason, such as having to crawl twice more through a narrow tunnel, since she herself enjoyed cooking. And even on occasions, she herself took further action, even changing the recipes, whether they were just details or various ingredients.

A little sweeter or saltier, a little more meat or vegetables, a little more cooked or less, one ingredient or another. She could change the settings by commanding her assistants, but doing it in person gave her more control.

It was impossible to tell the fairies to put salt until it was tasty enough. Or to have the food toasted until crisp enough. Or to substitute an ingredient for a similar one. The orders had to be precise, and testing or qualitative assessments was something she had to do personally. Of course, once done for the first time, the fairies could reproduce it perfectly, as if they were robots.

Anyway, for now, they had to settle for what she had prepared a few weeks ago. That the patties were as crispy as they were when freshly made, or their interior was still tender and warm, was one of the mysteries of the inventory that they couldn't complain about.

After eating and regaining their energy, they studied the inscription, until Goldmi decided to infuse it with mana. At that moment, it shone and enveloped them both with a light, which disappeared shortly after, with them.