Chapter 22

When you were a kid, there were only a few things that could wake you up in the morning.

One was the sound of your alarm clock and the other was threats from your mother about what would happen if you didn't get up for school. The latter got you wide awake faster than coffee ever could. And then there was a third one, your favorite, may you add. Breakfast.

The warm and savory smell of it wafted into the room, gently drifting you out of your slumber.

You could never tell exactly what it was at first, so you followed your nose to the kitchen. And there, you would find your mother whipping up something wonderful that you couldn't wait to eat.

This time, however, is a little different. You're not a kid anymore and you no longer live with your parents. This means your mother can't be cooking you breakfast, it has to be..

"Jungkook." His name comes from your mouth as more of an affirmation of his presence rather than an attempt to catch his attention.

The view of his bare back is quickly replaced by his smiling face as he turns around to glance at you. He's shirtless, only wearing a pair of sweatpants that rides low on his hips. "Hey, you're awake." He says softly, his voice almost as sweet as the smell coming from the pan in front of him.

Just a few months ago, you would've thought of this scenario as something that could only be conjured up in your imagination. But now, you know that you're not only lucky enough to call this man your soulmate, but you're actually blessed to witness the view of him shirtless and making breakfast.

"Good morning." You hum, stepping closer to him. Jungkook opens his arms, welcoming you into an embrace. He holds you close, gently kissing the top of your head. "What are you making?"

"Just some pancakes." He murmurs, releasing you from his arms. "You can go sit, I'm almost done."

You nod, offering him a grateful smile as you take a seat at the small island a few feet away. And while you wait, you can't help but ogle at the view in front of you.

The way the muscles in his back flex with every move, the perfection of his side profile every time he turns his head. And most of all, the intricate tattoos that span the entire length of his arm. The ones that you had the pleasure of doing for him.

"Enjoying the view?" Jungkook chuckles, turning to face you. He leans back against the counter, crossing his arms in front of his chest and raising an eyebrow.

"Very much so." You admit with a teasing smile.

He scoffs at your bold answer, shaking his head.

"Hey, I was just being honest." You hold your hands up in surrender.

"Whatever." He rolls his eyes playfully. "So what are your plans for today?" He asks, grabbing some plates and setting them down on the counter.

"Well, I'm gonna pick up Willow and then we're going to meet up with the rest of the girls at the mall." You answer, watching as he pulls some glasses out of the cupboard as well. "Can I have some orange juice, please?"

He nods, heading towards the fridge and taking out the carton. "Sounds like fun."

"And what will you be doing, besides missing me?" You ask, making him smile softly.

"Well I'll definitely be doing a lot of that." He chuckles. "But I'm also gonna go to the dorms to hang out with the boys for a bit. I haven't really seen them since tour ended so.."

"Oh okay." You nod. "Also, when are you guys going to start filming RUN BTS again?"

"In a few weeks, probably." He answers, putting a stack of pancakes on a plate before placing it in front of you. He also hands you the glass of orange juice you asked for.