1.5) Wither Into The Truth - Pt. 1

Third Person's POV:

Mia and Dane were working together and fighting a fake Burned One.

After several failed attempts, Mia and Dane were finally able to kill one when Mia made a sword out of shadows and they both pierced it in its center at the same time.

"Hell ya!" Mia exclaimed as she high-fived Dane.

Mia and Dane were walking to one of the benches when they passed Terra and Riven.

"Nice moves out there, Riv. You should try for Alfea's Got Talent," Dane laughed.

"Come on Dane, don't hurt his feelings." Mia chuckled and playfully shoved his shoulder before continuing, "See you later, Riv!"

As Mia and Dane were sitting on a bench when Silva came up to them, "Congratulations on taking down the simulated Burned Ones, you two were the only ones who succeeded," he said before walking away, making Mia roll her eyes.

"Have you talked to him?" Dane asked.

Mia shook her head, "I'm still a little overwhelmed, maybe even a little scared. Part of me believes Bea, but another part of me just wants my life to be simple."

"And your afraid that if you ask Silva, he might confirm what Beatrix said," Dane said.

"Yeah, pretty much," Mia said before drinking some of her water.

Mia stood up, "Come on. Let's get back to work."

*****

Mia was sitting on her bed when one of the many plants Terra brought into her room fell.

When Aisha, Terra, and Musa entered the room Mia said, "Terra, I appreciate the sentiment of keeping Stella's side of the room 'alive', but I sleep in here too. Could you maybe tone it down a little? The last thing I need to to wake up in the middle of the night because the plant keep on falling."

Terra nodded her head and took some of the plants out of Mia's room.

A few minutes after Terra took out some plants and everyone left her room she got a text from Bloom.

Bloom:
Hey, Dane is working the night shift in front of Beatrix's cell tonight. He said he'd let me talk to her, u wanna come?

Mia:
Sure. I'll meet u there in a few minutes.

Mia put her phone in her pocket and left the suite.

When she got to where Beatrix's cell is, she saw Dane, Bloom, and an unconscious specialist in front of the entrance.

"What did you do to him?" Mia asked.

"Relax. It's a minor sedative. He'll be awake in an hour. She's waiting," Dane answered.

"You two definitely took your sweet time," Beatrix said.

Bloom and Mia walked up to her cell.

"Did you kill Callum?" Bloom asked.

"Right at it, then. Good girl. Short answer, yes," Beatrix said.

"What the hell, Beatrix," Bloom said.

"Do we want to know the long answer?" Mia asked.

"How about the medium one. Callum wasn't just some stuck-up assistant. He wanted the same thing I want," Beatrix said.

"He was here to break Rosalind out?" Mia asked.

"Bit more complicated than 'evil Beatrix kills helpless assistant'. I mean that's the story the faculty's going with, right? I mean, I get it who wants to deal with nuance?" Beatrix said.

"Dowling, Harvey, and Silva, they haven't told me the truth about a lot of things, but just because they haven't doesn't mean you have," Bloom said.

"You still don't believe that they torched Aster Dell?" Beatrix asked.

"If they did actually kill our birth parents, then we need to find out what really happened that day," Mia said.

"I know somebody who could tell you guys," Beatrix said.

"Do you know where they're keeping Rosalind?" Mia asked.

"I can show you two how to get to her," Beatrix said.

"What do you want?" Bloom asked.

"These lovely accessories Dowling gave me hurt like a motherf*cker. On your way out, Dane with give you two a trinket that can help get rid of them. Think of it like a fairy battery. Either of you can use your magic to charge it at the Stone Circle," Beatrix said.

"You want us to free you?" Bloom asked.

"You don't trust me, Bloom. Neither of you should. You shouldn't trust your friends, you shouldn't trust the faculty. The only person you guys should trust is Rosalind. And if you want to see her, this is your only option," Beatrix said before Bloom stormed out.

Once Bloom was out of ear shot, Mia asked, "What did they do to you?"

"What do you mean, exactly?" Beatrix asked.

"I mean, what were my father and Dowling doing that made you scream in pain and agony for the past week?" Mia asked again.

"Silva didn't do anything but stand there and Dowling was forcing her way into my mind. Let me tell you, the worst experience I've ever had," Beatrix said.

"I'm so sorry, I never knew they could be so cruel," Mia said.

"It's not your fault. Have you talked to Silva yet?"

"No, a part of me is scared that you might be right. I just don't know what I'd do if I did ask him and he said that he isn't really my dad," Mia said.

"I don't think you should tell him that you know about Aster Dell, cuz there's no way he'd actually tell you the truth, but you should ask him if he's you birth father. I don't think he'd be able to lie to you," Beatrix said.

"It's funny that you hate him, yet have more faith in him then I do," Mia chuckled.

"I don't have faith in him, but I care about you, so I'm hoping he'll tell you the truth," Beatrix said.

"I care about you too, Bea. And I promise that I'm going to get you out of here," Mia said.

"I have faith that you will," Beatrix smiled.

Mia smiled back before leaving.

*****

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, have a great week! :)

Published: 04/25/2021

Words: 1,003