24- BFFs

When you got home, your parents were already in bed for the night. You had driven around for a few hours hoping to find Chase even though you didn’t know what you’d say when you found him. You went into your room and collapsed on the bed. You hadn’t fully decided whether you were going to go to sleep or not when your sister knocked on the door and let herself in. 

Mads: “I just wanted to check on you after everything that happened at school today

Mads: “I just wanted to check on you after everything that happened at school today.”

You: “What are you still doing up?”

Mads: “Jaden was over watching a movie and Mom and Dad went to bed. To be honest, I think they forgot Jaden was here.”

You: *laughing*
“Is he like still just chillin’ in your bedroom?” 

Jaden: *calling from the other side of the door*
“I’m in the hall. I got lonely.”

You: “Oh my God. Come in here you dork.”

Jaden wasted no time hurrying in your room and flopping next to you and Mads in your bed: 
“So what’s the tea?”

Mads: *laughing uncontrollably*
“You are so cute.”

She bent over to press a quick kiss against his lips as you groaned:
“Ewe guys! That’s enough love for today. I’m boycotting love.”

Mads: “What? No, don’t say that.”

Jaden: “Still no word from Chase?”

You: *letting out a heavy sigh*
“No. Ugh!”

Mads: "So are you and Josh like officially done?"

You detailed everything that happened when you showed up at Josh's and found Charli there along with everything that was said.

Mads: "Wait, he was cheating on you with this Charli girl and Nessa? How much time did dude have?"

Jaden: "Nessa was a one time thing."

You: "I know you're like friends with her and all but I can't just forgive her for sleeping with my boyfriend no matter how many times it happened."

Jaden: "You're not going to want to hear this but you have to understand that Josh was the bad guy in that situation."

You: "It took two, Jaden."

Jaden: "I know and trust me, she feels awful but think of it this way… if you were that easy to manipulate just imagine how vulnerable she was."

You and Mads sat and listened as he detailed what Josh put Nessa through the night Josh drove her home and how she'd been left on the side of the road. 

Jaden: "I can't tell you what she's going through because that's her place but me going off on her at the dance definitely pushed her to be vulnerable to Josh giving her the slightest reassurance a few hours later."

You: "I don't even care about the Josh of it all but she didn't know we were having those problems and she was willing to hurt me. I don't know how to get past that."

Mads: "Sis, anyone with 2 eyes and 2 brain cells could see you were completely falling for Chase at that dance and won't even remember Josh in a few years."