→Chapter 10←

A/N. Rin and Hawks be of the same kinda species

.    .    .

I replayed what I said in my mind and freaked out. I started making wild gestures with my hands and tried to correct what I said, " NO wait!- I mean the FLAME side of your quirk, NOT what I said. I mean you're good looking and all and you might get a lot of that but I really didn't mean that, you're gonna hate me again aren't you, this is so ridiculous" I groaned and facepalmed in embarrassment, it sounded so much like I was flirting with him. This is so awkward! Have I really lost touch with human interaction that much to make such a rookie mistake?!!

I looked up and surprisingly I saw a tiiiny hint of a smile on his face as if he found my actions and embarrassment funny and his eyes also held a little bit of laughter.

I smiled apologetically, "anyways leaving behind my previous embarrassment, how about it, it'll be nice to work with your flames and my pyrokinesis together! We could make a cage with flames and trap our opponents"

I learned that with Todoroki the key to understanding some of the emotions that he doesn't express exists in his eyes. Whether it was a question or realization, anger or amusement, his face might not show it but his eyes always do.

His smile faded and his expression became stoic again. His eyes looked like they held a few shards of hard to melt ice. I didn't understand it.

"There's no need for any of it, naturally I have a plan that will work and is faster than yours." He said with a hint of coldness in his voice.

Shoji walked over, "I heard what you said, Todoroki, what's your plan?"

Wait does he mean only Todoroki's earlier words, or did he hear my words too? My face was red in embarrassment. I was brought back to reality when Todoroki spoke, "There's no need to know, I'll tell you when the time comes."

The statement didn't hold any contempt but was simple and emotionless like he usually was. I wonder what happened when I asked about us helping each other with our flames. Did I offend him somehow and he doesn't want me to use his flames? Yeah, that must be it. I should probably apologize.

"Um..Todoroki sorry about the earlier question, it's fine if you don't want me to use my quirk on your flames, really, I didn't think you would be uncomfortable with it. I won't do that in the future either" I smiled a little at the end to ask if we're good.

His eyes twitched wider slightly and then just nodded.

Ok alright, I guess things are fine...?

Izu and Ura entered the building with the fight starting. Iida was really into character but I was more worried about Katsuki, this might be when he vents his anger. There were many reasons for him to.

I have always tried to get a read on Katsuki's thoughts and behavior cuz ever since he started becoming mean to us, I wanted to know why. Though I never could really find out.

For the most part, I could understand a bit cuz it was only his attitude towards us that changed ever since he got his quirk. Otherwise, underneath he was still more or less the same. Our friendship had long fainted to a point that only a fragile sliver of thread which were the memories of our past bound us.

The fight wasn't pretty. My heart thumped loudly out of worry. Katsuki was being very aggressive and even if Izu uses his quirk, it will backlash, there is no point in using it to defend himself.

Izu relied only on his fighting techniques and strength training to evade Katsuki's attacks. I was proud of his improvement in fighting but that did not reduce the worry in my heart. In the end Izu did use his quirk which destroyed his arms. He lost the battle and won the war.