→Chapter 27←

Izu yelped in surprise at the sudden abduction.

I recognised Hawks from the flash of vermillion and the fact that it was a flash, so I had a deadpanned expression as he pulled us into the trees but Izu was terrified and did not realise it was Hawks yet.

"Who is it?" Izu asked shakily but still stood in front of me in protection. He definitely thought it must have been a villain. Hawks chuckled from the shade of the trees. "Show yourself, don't think of hurting us, I can run and call the heroes immediately!"

"Stop teasing him Hawks" I said, "can't you see that he thinks you're a villain"

"H-Hawks?!" Izu asked extremely confused and shocked as it partially registered in his mind.

"Crap, you busted me Pyro" Hawks said and walked out of the shade in his red winged glory. "I hoped you wouldn't recognise me"

"I still saw the flash of red and there's only one person with a flash of red and is as fast as you"

"Me" he said proudly.

I smiled helplessly, "why are you here?"

Izu gasped beside me "Hawks!! I'm so sorry I thought you were a villain! I'm so glad to meet you! Your speed is amazing!! I've never seen anything like it before!..." he was muttering everything he knew about Hawks as the hero interrupted.

"See? There's someone who's my fan and appreciates me." Hawks said mockingly.

"Correction, he's more of an All Might fan. You're just one of the other heroes" I said. That certainly hit him.

Izu looked like he was absolutely scared and also awed and amazed at meeting Hawks for the first time.

Yes, it is his first time meeting Hawks.

Izu never got to meet him unlike how I had already met All Might. But that was since I was there when the entire thing happened. Even if it was a bit unfair, Hawks was my shadow mentor... it sounds weird to call him that. In any case, there was never a chance to.

Although, he was quite friendly right now nevertheless.

"Hawks, this is Izuku Midoriya my twi-" I introduced but was interrupted on purpose which ticked off a nerve.

"Hey Midoriya! I heard a lot about you from your sister." Hawks said grinning and shook Izu's hand enthusiastically before he could say anything. "That was some nice protecting the damsel in distress back there. You're very responsible!"

I frowned, again, he called me that on purpose. Izu blanked out in surprise with whited eyes at the fact that Hawks was shaking hands with him.

I briefly and lightly shoved him to help snap him out of his shock or he'd just whine and regret about being frozen like this later, "oh right! Sorrynicetomeetyoutoo Hawks!" He shouted at a higher octave.

Hawks grinned, "You're quite the nervous guy, don't worry. I just wanted to wish you two luck for the sports festival." He tilted his head up a bit, "Remember, I'll be watching" Hawks said looking deadly serious at me through his visor.

"Don't worry I won't disappoint, you'll owe me a yakitori at your favourite restaurant if I win first place" I said with a challenging smile. I knew he wasn't really threatening me as he was with his gaze.

He said that he has an important job to do today while everyone was distracted so he'll only be able to see the results on his phone and not watch it live. He will of course watch it later in recording to see my performance and those of other students.

We made a deal again this time like we did during the entrance exam. It was a bigger event so the stakes were higher.

If I place 1st then I'll get my internship with him and he'll treat me to his favorite yakitori place.