REFUSAL OF HELP

____

____

Harry Potter looked out the window while his hands worked to put whatever it had into a large brown box with the word: DONATION written in big black letters. The dinning room, the room he had grown to dislike because he wasn't allowed to sit in it with his relatives that hated him, was becoming emptier by the hour.

His aunt worked to package everything while their uncle began to sever all work ties.

"Yes—an emergency and I won't be able to come in for some time..."

Harry couldn't help but feel slightly guilty, watching his childhood home get packet up in the span of a week because of the incoming war. Then again, he felt like it served as karma for emotionally abusing him as a kid and starving him.

Dudley took the box next to Harry, not saying a word as he did so. Not that Harry minded, he enjoyed the silence and wasn't going to push the tension around him. He quickly finished boxing what was in his hands and took it out into a truck with movers coming in and out at a rapid pace.

Once that was done, Harry made his way up to his bedroom and found it empty. No bed, no hand me down dresser from Dudley. Just his trunk and his owl who slept soundly despite the loud noises. Next to Hedwig....was Crius. The raven haired owl with sharp ears and a small beak that faced Harry.

"Have you eaten?" Harry asked quietly, handing him a bowl of some of Hedwig's pellets.

Crius didn't move and continued to stare at Harry before looking down at the food. He had taken notice of Ethaline's absence from the day he asked Professor McGonagall about her owl. She gladly allowed him to give her over and told him the owl was having difficulty eating or doing anything.

Harry soon found out it was true.

Hedwig stirred in her sleep and woke up, her owl eyes narrows as she pecked at Crius aggressively. The owl hooted and tried to push at her when Harry rolled his eyes. "Can you two stop fighting—"

Hedwig hooted loudly, pushing the tray to the raven feathered owl who stared at it for a minute before reluctantly putting his head into the owl to eat.

Harry relaxed, "Oh..."

"Harry!"

The dulcet sounds of his aunts voice echoed and bounced off the empty walls of his house before he made his way down the stairs. It was time for them to go.

ETHALINEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara