𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

• • • • • • •

• • • • • • •

the four ghosts reached the doors to julie's studio, barely visible under the dark night sky. luke and alex phased through, exhausted from their performance and the unrelenting jolts that kept hitting them.
charlotte followed them inside.

she gave reggie a long hug, holding him tightly as the gravity of the situation hit her. she ran her fingers across his back and breathed in the now familiar scent of his leather jacket.
"good night." she murmured quietly as she pulled away, then popped up to her loft.

reggie watched her from the first floor of the studio as she picked up the frame that held the photo of her and blake. she took one last look at it, then tucked it away into the bottom drawer of her dresser.

she opened the drawer where she kept her sweatpants and t-shirts and stared at them. she lacked the energy to even snap herself into something to sleep in.

reggie knew he wouldn't be able to sleep as he ran his fingers through his hair, sighing to himself. luke and alex were already fast asleep on the couch, luke having drifted into alex's lap in the first moments of his slumber.

he still hear char's delicate footsteps in the loft above him, though he couldn't really see her anymore. he made his way over to the ladder, and slowly climbed up, careful not to make too much noise.

"char..." he said quietly as he reached the top.

she was sitting on the edge of her futon, head resting on her hands. the t-shirt drawer was still wide open and waiting for her to change out of her skirt. when reggie's voice reached her ears, she turned to him and frowned. "reggie, you need to get some rest."

"i couldn't sleep." he said. "not like i really tried to, anyway."

"join the club." she laughed softly. "dead insomniacs, party of two."

"do you want some company?" he asked as she leaned into the back of her futon.

"yeah. that'd be nice." she cracked a smile.

reggie climbed the last few rungs of the ladder and slid into the space next to her.
char laid her head on his shoulder and took his hand, moving closer to him.

they sat there in silence for a few minutes, neither of them wanting to bring up the subject that was on their minds.

"your picture's gone." reggie finally said. "the one of you and blake."

"yeah." she nodded. "i guess it was time to move on."

"you're sure?"