𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

• • • • • • •

• • • • • • •

charlotte woke up just as the sun began to come up, determined to be out of the studio before reggie and the boys woke from their much needed rest.

admittedly, she couldn't wipe the lovestruck smile off of her face. all her dreams had been of reggie, filled with laughter and songs and normal teenage couple things. and, for a second, a tiny, fleeting second, charlotte believed that her dreams could be real. but, that feeling slipped away as quickly as she got a hold of it when another one of caleb's jolts shook her body. it was getting harder and harder not to groan or wince when they hit her, but she couldn't let the boys know. they had enough to worry about as it was.

charlotte carefully leafed through her two clothing racks, searching for the right thing to wear. finally, just as the sun peeked over the trees, she landed on one of the dresses julie gave her: green, with tiny daisies printed all over it. charlotte snapped it on, then laced up her doc martens and pulled on her leather jacket on.

she peered over the railing at the boys below her. luke was still fast asleep with his head in alex's lap. the drummer was just barely stirring, being the lightest sleeper of the three. reggie was out cold as usual, almost always the first to fall asleep and the last to wake up.

careful not to make too much noise, charlotte popped down to ground level and tiptoed over to where reggie. the daylight just began to illuminate the freckles dusting over his face. a small smile spread over her face as she looked at his peaceful expression. char brushed his hair from his forehead, then pressed a soft kiss to his cheek.

before he even knew she was there, charlotte was gone.

• • •

reggie blinked drowsily as he woke, a little dazed and confused.
"char?" he muttered as he sat up slowly, the sunlit studio coming into focus.
he could've sworn he felt her kiss his cheek, but it must've been just his dreams. it was so realistic, he could practically still feel the tingle of her lips against his skin.

"she's not here, i don't think." alex said quietly.

reggie looked over and saw the blonde stretching his arms out, careful not to wake the guitarist who was fast asleep on his lap.

reggie realized he'd never asked the drummer if he was alright. willie's confession must've hit him harder than the others, and no matter how hurt they were, alex was probably hurting worse.

"hey, alex, you okay?"

alex looked up, a broken-but-holding-it-together look in his eyes.
"yeah." he said slowly. "yeah, i'm fine. i guess."