15

Trigger Warning: ABUSE,self harm, blood, periods

***

"Lopez would just be idiotic, and Doc just didn't fit my vibe, you know," she continued, "I've finally decided that until further notice, I shall call you Peach!"

I shared a confused glance with Hollis, who just shook their head before whispering,

"Let her be. Last year she called me orange for an entire year because I drank orange juice in front of her one time. Besides, you'll get used to it."

I shrugged my shoulders and went back to eating. I had in New York for two weeks by now, it was the middle of September, and this was the least weird thing that I've witnessed in this wack city.

And so my two friends and I continued eating in peaceful silence, each pondering on their thoughts.  

***

I had come home late that day, sneaking in just after four.

I barely had time to register my surroundings before I was slammed against the wall, the familiar ache in my head back once again.

"Now hun," he started with a sickly smile, "You were 45 minutes late today. And you know the consequences."

He let me down, surprisingly gentle for someone who had just slammed me into a wall moments earlier.

"But because I am such a good father, I will give you a 5-second headstart. Now scurry away, little bunny, because work has really been bugging me."

Fear coursed through my veins as I took in his words. He always put up an act that he was a good father or person, right before he would beat the shit out of me. Me hiding made him angrier, but he would also be mad if I didn't go hide.

I was hiding under my bed now, shivering from fear.

"Emma, are you okay?"

"Come out, come out wherever you are." Gabriel called out in a singsongy voice, "You can't hide forever."

I sat laid perfectly still, barely breathing.

Until I felt a hand wrap around my ankle and jerk me out of my hiding spot.

"Well, well, well," he sneered, "I found the little bunny."

It was just then I saw the object in his hands.

Instinctively I pleaded, "Please not the bat. Please not the bat."

"What bat? Emma, what's going on?"

"Oh shut up," he said, annoyance evident in his tone, "all you do is whine. Besides, none of this would have happened if you hadn't been alive."

He grabbed my wrist and flipped it over, exposing the scars on it, "I can't believe that you're such a retard that you couldn't even kill yourself properly."

He punctuated his sentence with a swing to my ribs, and I heard them crack.

I screamed out in pain, tears streaming down my face,

"HELP!" I yelled.

"EMMA, WAKE UP."

Gabriel squatted down and spat in my face,

"No one is going to save you, little bunny, so you might as well give up now."

He reached down and started shaking my shoulders, and I tried to squirm out of his hold.