Chapter 1: "wish i were heather"

Watch as she stands with her, holding your hand,

Put your arm 'round her shoulder, now I'm getting colder.

But how could I hate her, she's such an angel,

But then again, kinda wish she were dead.

- Heather : Conan Gray

There she was. Would calling her an angel suffice? She was this ethereal being that men worshipped. To simply put it, she was beautiful, is beautiful.

Sierra stood at the corridor, her shiny hair down with her pastel pink bag hanging from one shoulder. She was with her group of friends, all equally beautiful and 'perfect' but she, she was definitely more. More beautiful, more perfect.

"Hey, Echo! How's your weekend been? You look so pretty in your latest Instagram post!" And that's Sierra for you. Beautiful and genuine inside out.

"Hey! Thank you, Sierra. It was alright. How has yours been?", I said with a smile as I was placing my bag on my seat.

"Mine was okay too. I wanted to let you know that I'm having a birthday party this coming Friday, and I would really love if you were able to make it," she said leaning on my table.

"Of course, Sierra. I would love to go. Is..erm..are you inviting Levi too?"

"Levi? Yeah, of course. I'm actually planning on inviting the entire class. Thanks Echo, I'll text you the details soon. I better go," she said with a genuine smile.

"Bye, see you later Sierra!" I waved.

"Damn, she looks so pretty," a deep voice stated coming from behind me. Levi. Levi Black. The well-known heartbreaker and player.

"I know. What are you doing here? Aren't you going to look for your next target?" I sarcastically asked.

"Why can't you be my next target?" He playfully said while his eyes were finding mine.

"Go away, I'm not in the mood." I looked away.

"Yeah, yeah. So, what did Sierra say to you?"

"Why do you care? Oh wait, you do care, only because she's the only one who's never fallen into your trap before," I said while rolling my eyes.

"She's not the only one, you are too and....her," he said being cut off by a loud voice.

"ECHO, I NEED HELP!" she practically shouted in my ear.

"Layla, stop shouting! What is it?"

"I'm going on a date!"

"WOAH, who's the unlucky guy?" I said while holding in my laughs.

"Ugh, stop it! It's Tyler. He asked me out today morning, and he told me to wear something casual. But what the hell is casual? Oh god, I'm freaking out."

"Tyler Johnson?" Levi asked.

"Yup! Why?" she asked.

"Nah, he's a keeper. Just saying. He's a good guy." He said.

"Yup, unlike someone I know." I said.

Levi shook his head, smirked and left us both alone.

"So...okay Layla, stop freaking out, I'll help you. I'll come over to your place and we can decide then, about erm what's exactly casual." I said while turning back to Layla.

I left the class only to see Levi's left hand around Sierra's shoulder while whispering stuff in her hair, and she was laughing, damn even her laugh was so beautiful. Her whole group was just casually chatting and laughing with them, but the entire time, he was looking at her, while I was looking at him.

I rubbed both of my shoulders with my hands, feeling my heart break slowly but painfully as I walked past them.

Damn, I wish I were Heather, or rather, I wish I were Sierra.