The Compromise (continued)

America was not making much progress (as expected from his tiny flame). But that was all he could muster without harming himself. The process was as frustrating as it was slow and America was not diggin' it at all. Every impulse in his body was screaming at him to simply flick his wrist and let the Fire finish off the wall. There was just one problem in that line of thought.

"You will incinerate yourself along with everything and everyone else here. We are trying to save Russia, not cremate him," UN chided.

"You gotta stop getting in my head like that," America growled through his teeth, "Concentrating is hard shit y'know."

UN sighed sadly, "I know you still resent me for what I did in the past, but you know it was all for the greater good. Please understand that I didn't mean to harm you like so."

He only received steely silence. A few minutes passed and they slowly inched closer until Russia's lifeless body could be seen through the wall, encased in the frost-bound prison.

Suddenly, the Fire faded and America spoke.

"I can't keep going like this, you know holding this takes too much out of me."

"I am aware. Don't worry. We have something prepared and you may eat as much as you need after this." UN assured. They were so close. They couldn't stop now.*

"No," America rolled his eyes, "That's not the problem. I don't have enough energy to get to him, at least not at this rate.

He stared at the finger that had carried the flame. His skin had started to turn a shade of angry red and pain erupted through it at every twitch.

"One strike. That's it." he insisted.

UN shook his head, "Listen to yourself, that plan is insane. I will not allow it. What if you go over and it hurts him? What if it's not enough? Are you even keeping the task in mind?"

The country closed his eyes in thought for a moment before he hollered, "GERMANY!"

Germany was being questioned about the events that night when someone called his name.  He glanced behind him and saw America motioning for him to get over there.

"May I?" he glanced at the agent who was recording him and raced over once he was let go.

The Superpower pointed at where the Russian was trapped, "Tell me, Big Brains. How far do you think we are from him?"

Germany had no idea what was going on and he wasn't exactly fond of the new nickname but he decided to get to the point.

"Approximately 7.4 meters, I'd say."

America gave him a look of apathy, "Uh...excuse me, what?"

"Right," Germany nodded, "You use Imperial. Around 8.1 yards."

"Thank you." America wheeled back around and prepared himself for the next bit of pain.

"UN, follow my command. Boost me, about 3 fingers worth when I say so. We have one shot at this so try not to screw up."

"I should be telling you that," UN replied as he placed three fingers on the Superpower's neck, "Ready on your command."

America turned to Germany, "I think you should get away from here unless you wish to be barbequed."