je serai à tes côtés à chaque fois que tu auras besoin de moi

(14/03/18)

HARRY'S P.O.V.

Yesterday feels like months ago. It's strange how in the worst circumstances imaginable time seems to drag on, gripping onto every last thread of a bad memory and forcing you to replay it over and over inside your head. It never gets less hurtful either. With each shattered word that you try to piece back together, each moment that you dissect mercilessly to see if it was real or a lie, you lose yourself just that tiny bit more.

I don't even know if that's a bad thing anymore.

Laying under the same duvet that I once held her so tightly beneath doesn't seem to take the pain away. If anything it amplifies it to an extreme extent, causing another tsunami of emotion to wash through and destroy me further. Self sabotage, I guess.

I can't stop thinking about Nixie though. I can't take my thoughts off her beautiful eyes, and the warmth they always seemed to radiate. Her heart, so kind and full that it burst out and touched everyone around her, even if she didn't mean to. That white streak in her hair. The way she joked about her asthma, and joined in when I teased her.

I miss the way her hands were always cold so she would have to intertwine them with my warm ones. I miss her smile after she washed her face, the way it seemed to be so much brighter without the cherry shade of lipstick. I say that. It was literally called 'cherry'.

I laugh as Nixie holds the small gold tube up in front of my eyes, almost poking them out as she does so. The tiny printed lettering on the label does in fact read 'cherry'. I mean, I would have been able to see that without her shoving it in my eyes.

"I can see, you know? I'm not blind like you." I snicker.

"Hey! I don't even have glasses!"

"I know. You're just blind."

She smacks my arm childishly as I continue to take the mick out of her. Unfortunately for her, I'm considerably stronger. I sweep her feet off the floor, tossing her over my shoulder as she shrieks with laughter. Nixie tries to wriggle out of my grasp as I walk smoothly towards the pool, it's glistening water cold and icy.

"Harry I swear to god, don't you dare!" She shouts into my ear.

My smirk grows as I let her go. She reaches my hin, barely, but she does. I peer down into her eyes, their silver still as bewitching as ever. Her painted lips sneak up into a grin, and her hands rest on my chest.

Just as I lean in to take her kiss, she shoves me backwards. With a loud splash, and a small scream of horror from my mouth, I hit the freezing water. It seeps quickly through the expensive fabric of my corduroys, touching my skin with it's bitterness.

As I reach the surface again, my hand wipes my hair off my forehead. The first thing I see is Nixie standing there with the biggest grin plastered on her face. Slight shock is in her eyes, her hand raising to cover her laughter.

"Really?" I ask in disbelief.

A laugh sneaks its way out when I smack my hands against the water. My clothes already feel a bit heavy, probably due to the layering. I paddle my way over to the side of the pool where she stands cautiously.

With one sweet smile, my hand latches onto her bare legs, dragging her down to meet me in this cold water. She shrieks in pure horror as she falls, hitting the water with a shout. It was probably an insult towards me. As soon as Nixie returns above the water, a warm beam appears as a heater in this freezing pool.