Chapter 5: On Arrival

Chapter 5

Jesse pov:

"Why is it in this Pack again?" I specifically asked to have it at the waterfall pack as I liked the experience there a few years ago when they hosted it.

"Because Alpha Daniel has put it off for 13 years. And the advisers don't like it. Think he's hiding something so it's to kill 2 birds with one stone. He did try to pass it on again but was told no, so..." my brother laughs while telling me. He thinks it funny that I want it somewhere else, he's my only brother, my Beta and adviser. I don't know what I'd do without him.

"Why is that my problem? Couldn't they have made him do it next year? Let's send out an announcement and get it moved to where I want it. I'm the King, I should be able to choose where I have my final mating hunt." I sigh, I am fed up of them contradicting me. They want me to have an heir as I'm now 33 and have been looking for my true mate for a long time. I doubt I'll find her, she's probably mate's with someone else by now which is why I haven't found her. I don't even know why I've been searching this long but my wolf refused. It's taken this long to get him to agree that this is the last try otherwise it's option 2, for us.

"Sorry Bro, but that's not going to happen. And it's your problem because you're the King. Luckily only the Alphas of the Pack's know who you are by face so you can act like a regular Alpha, and can play off the special treatment as being the best. I do have this feeling we're not going to like what we find though, Alaric feels something is off. What you going to do about an heir then, anyway?" Parker asks.

"I don't know. Zander doesn't want to mate someone else so will probably just do the surrogate thing.....I'm tired! how long till we're there. I've got to have a tour before I can go shower and relax. When we get there can you go make sure my stuff Is in my room please. And set the bathroom up so I can find all my shit?" I don't want to try and find everything when I get to the room I just wanna dive straight in! I can then relax until dinner and then it's the opening ceremony of the ball. The meet and greet.

"Yeah man but you have to take Coltan and Liam with you. And when we're at the ball you'll have them, me and a few others there for security."

"Alright, thank's" I laugh and sit back and close my eyes for the rest of the journey.

I'm woken by Parker shaking me. I startle up and into a defensive stance! Blinking the sleep from my eyes, I see his face and he's trying but failing to hold back a laugh. I punch him in the arm and say

"That's not funny you dick! You're lucky you're my brother."

He laughs heartily. I give him a minute and say

"It wasn't that funny dude." Coming out of a laugh he says

"It WAS that funny. You should have seen your face. Hahahaha....."

I just look at the idiot that can't stop laughing and sigh. I guess we're here as he woke me. I stand up and grab my carry on and exit the carriage. And walk to the door leading to the platform. Someone's supposed to be picking us up from here. All our luggage should be there already.

"Wait for me you dick" Parker links

"i don't have the time or patience for your antics today Parker so I'll see you out there"
~
I check my watch for the 7th time.

"Where the fuck are they??" I'm getting really pissed off now. We've been waiting for an hour to be picked up.

"I'll try ringing them again." Parker puts the phone to his ear and I lean on a wall. I hear him say

"Fina-fucking-lly....." I tune the rest of it out. Out of nowhere Zander starts

"I don't like this Jes! Somethings definitely going on here, i can feel it. Make sure you use your gifts while we're here. I'll pry into their wolves' minds too. Be on alert at all times a-"