76: A Warm Surprise

"Do you have any idea what they talk about?" Cassiopeia questioned Draco as they wandered around the Riddle Manor together. Once her uncle and auntie had apparated there with them, Tom had insisted that they leave the adults for a parental talk, which Cassiopeia found rather odd.

"I don't know," Draco shrugged his shoulders. "I'm still dumbfounded seeing him; he's so young."

"Do you still think you look better than him?" Cassiopeia raised an eyebrow, recalling something Draco had said years ago. "You stared at him like you were really into him."

She laughed at the end, relishing the way Draco got annoyed with her jokes.

"Ridiculous," Draco remarked, abruptly stopping at a door. "What's this room?"

"This is a library," Cassiopeia answered, looking at the closed door. "I don't know whether it's already cleaned or not. When I left here, it wasn't arranged."

She stepped forward and opened the door, then looked behind and signaled to Draco to follow her.

"It's a huge one," Draco gasped, observing tall cupboards filled with books, which were now better arranged. "I never thought Muggles could afford this type of library in their own home."

"I think the Riddle family was quite wealthy at the time," Cassiopeia offered, examining the books' bindings. "Muggle literature is really amazing."

"I have no idea," Draco admitted, taking a book from one of the cupboards. "Jane Eyre."

"A good female lead book," Cassiopeia commented, watching him flip through the pages. "It's about an orphan girl who had to live with her rude cousins and aunt, but somehow she overcame every challenge in her life. Her love life was complicated, but I really like it. In the end, she found her way to love."

"You've read this?" Draco looked at her with confusion. "How?"

"My dear cousin, if you can, go to my bedroom and get the big black trunk from under my bed," she winked at him. "You'll find many Muggle stories. Just read them; they're good."

"Seriously, Cassie?" He widened his eyes, looking at her. "You were reading Muggle books at the manor? Unbelievable!"

"Mr. Malfoy?" They heard Kreacher's voice at the doorway. "Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy are waiting for you."

"Oh, it seems like I have to go," Draco placed the book back in the cupboard and looked at Cassiopeia. "I miss you a lot at home. I wish you could come there."

Draco reached into his pocket, pulling out an envelope.

"I found this in my grandfather's room, and I thought it might belong to you," Cassiopeia took the envelope he extended to her.

"Oh, Merlin," she gasped, looking at the photo inside the envelope. It showed her and Tom smiling in the 1940s, their arms linked. "Thank you."

"No worries," Draco smiled at her. "You'll be coming home soon?"

"Yeah, I'll visit there soon, all right?" She reassured him, patting his upper arm. "Anyway, I'll need your help before the new year, and I'll let you know about it."

"What?" He quirked his brows in confusion.

"Later, Drakie," Cassiopeia stuck her tongue out playfully. "See ya. Happy holiday!"

She pulled Draco into a tight embrace, and he soon reciprocated, wrapping his arms around her.

"I'm gonna miss you too," Cassiopeia whispered into his ear before he pulled her away.

"I know, right," he smirked, and she gently hit his upper arm. "Take care."

"Take care, Draco."

After Draco left the library, following Kreacher, Cassiopeia did the same, closing the door behind her to bid goodbye to her uncle and auntie.