Show Me Your Power

Silas' POV:

I didn't blow up my apartment.

Repeating it over and over to myself is barely enough to convince me since I feel at fault. Even if I didn't do it, I know that I'm at fault, because whoever is trying to kill me blew up my apartment and killed innocent people in the process.

"Silas, are you okay?" Lincoln asks, turning off the television, but I use my powers to turn it right back on. "Stop doing that!"

I raise my eyebrow at his exclamation and physically push him away from the television using my abilities as he tries to turn it off again.

"Silas!"

"I'm watching TV. Shush," I respond, focusing on the television where they keep showing clips of my face and my burning apartment building. "Funny how they aren't mentioning that I was attacked by the killer and are deciding to pin it on me."

Lincoln huffs and decides to sit down on the floor, realizing I won't let him turn off the television. "Yeah, I'm not surprised though. You're an easy target, and Atticus' boss is a dick," he says, leaning his head back on a cupboard. "Easy to make everyone see you as an enemy so that they can try to capture or kill you, and then find the real killer and act like they made a mistake."

"His boss is a bastard," I growl, remembering the man who aggressively grabbed my arm and accused me of being a murderous animal. "You said that Atticus is keeping my whereabouts a secret?"

"Yeah," Lincoln says, getting up and walking toward their indoor theatre. "His partner, Jared, knows as well, but he's keeping quiet. We know you didn't do anything wrong, Silas."

I shrug. "The rest of the city doesn't know that. I'm never going to get a job, never going to be allowed in bars or stores... I'm basically a public murder figure."

"Come on, let's take your mind off of that," Lincoln suggests, his familiar and warm smile glowing on his face. "Have you ever watched How To Train Your Dragon?"

"No," I say, narrowing my eyes. "Isn't that a kids movie?"

Lincoln looks offended. "It may be an animated movie, but that series is the best series of movies of all time!" he exclaims, grabbing my hand and dragging me to the theatre.

He turns on the huge screen and starts playing the movie. For being a professional doctor in his mid twenties, Lincoln looks like an excited little kid while we watch the movie, his eyes wide and filled with stars as we watch.

I'm having a difficult time watching the film, since Lincoln and I are sitting side by side, and he's pressed against me. I don't know if he notices our position, but I'm so nervous I'm going to get hard or something like that.

At least then they wouldn't have to protect me, because Atticus would murder me on the spot.

"This song is the best one," Lincoln whispers when the main character rides the dragon for the first time. "It makes me feel free and nostalgic."

I can't disagree that the music is beautiful and I really do enjoy it. It at least helps me take my mind off how nervous I am that Lincoln is so close to me right now.

"Tell me about your family," Lincoln demands, scooting away from me and propping his feet up on the couch.

Well, actually, his feet are in my lap, but I don't want to think about that.

"What about them?"

"Well, I feel like if you're staying in our house we should at least know a little about you," Lincoln points out matter-of-factly. "You're from Montana, I know that, but I know nothing else."