Chapter Three

ChapterTHREE

Presley

My heart is racing and my stomach is in knots. I've got to know. I can't leave, not without knowing her name or her phone number. When I touched her, I don't know exactly what happened, but I can still feel her on my fingertips. Fuck! I'm not stupid. There really was something... something different when I touched her. I can't even explain why I touched her, why both of my hands were on her hips. I'm not like that with women, so why her? All I remember is trying to get through the crowd, and then, there she was and it happened. For the first time since Kelly left, I feel some sort of excitement, a sense of joy. Shit, I actually felt alive. By the look on her face, I'm certain she felt something too. This is the strangest thing ever, I don't know what to do about it, but something needs to be done. Tonight.

I need to relax, grab a beer and chill out for a couple of minutes.

"Presley, where were you man? I've been looking everywhere for you!'' Joshua says anxiously.

''Relax bro—I was just enjoying the show.'' I laughed, throwing my hands up in mock defense.

''Yeah, whatever. I think you were trying to find a girl. You think I don't know you, but I do.'' He said downing his drink.

''Shut up Joshua, I'm not that desperate.''

''Well, ever since Kelly dumped you, you've been acting strangely.''

''Don't worry, I'm fine.'' As long as I find her again, I'll be fine.

I grab a beer from one of the vendors and drink half of it in one shot. I try hard not to think about her, but I'm failing miserably.

I search through the –crowd—I don't see her anywhere. She can't be gone. No one leaves in the middle of a show, she must be somewhere in the theatre. I need to find her, because there's no way I'm leaving tonight without knowing who she is. There was something between the two of us and I have to understand what it is. Could she be my muse? Is she a model? Do I know her? I have no idea, and it's driving me crazy.

I go back into the crowd with the beer in my hand. I'm so afraid that I've lost her. I make sure I have my phone on me. If I find her, I want to be ready to ask her for her number, or at the very least, her name. Damn! I still can't see her. She was so perfect—so cute, wearing those purple Converses. Fuck, I don't even know her and she's already driving me insane.

I walk around aimlessly, and finish my beer before I see her. Then there. Right there she is. I'm standing maybe twenty feet away from her. I can see her face clearly, and she looks angry. Some guy is standing behind her, holding her against him by her hips. He's whispering things in her ear, and she's constantly closing her eyes as if she's in pain. I don't know anything about her, but it's obvious she isn't happy being with him. I wonder what he's telling her. I hope she isn't in trouble with this loser, because of .

Now, I have a big problem—how am I supposed to talk to her, when she's not alone? I just need to get her to notice me again. When I glance at my watch, I realize I've been standing here staring at her for twenty minutes, and she hasn't once looked at me yet. I'm losing my mind. I decide to step a little closer.

I can feel the energy growing between us as I get near. Please tell me you feel it too, I'm silently begging her. I hate the desperation I'm feeling. What's happening to me? When did I become so hopeless?

She closes her eyes, and I'm the happiest man on the planet. I can tell; she feels it too. I'm almost standing in front of her when she re-opens them. I get to see her eyes for the first time... they are perfectly, beautifully green. I smile at her and catch sight of the guy standing behind her—he's wearing a fucking tie. I chuckle to myself, and stare back into her beautiful eyes again. She gazes at me and I can almost hear her asking me to help get her out of here. She's trying to send me some kind of message. I don't know what the hell's going on. She looks scared.