chapter 2: Hoame

and then it happened. 

Leo tapped away on his laptop as carlos watched from his bed. 

"saturday sound good?" Leo asked as the bright colours of the concert website flashed in front of him. Shakira's lips and legs were everywhere with neon lights and stars  clostering around her.

"Saturday sounds good." Carlos was tracing the veins on his arms as he listened to his bro. "can we get right to the front? i want her to hear." 

"ye sure." Leo ticked off Saturday, 6 o'clock and seats on the very front row. he checked out and paid for the tickets.

"done." Leo switched off his laptop.

"cool." Carlos slapped his knees and got up, pulling on his yellow laptop. "i feel like crying not gonna lie." 

"dude, is it about maths again?" Leo put his arm around his bro, giving him a sympathetic hug. 

"yeah..." Tears slipped from Carlos' eyes and leo cradled him like father and son.

"its ok dude, let it out." Leo sat his bro down and let him cry on his shoulder. it was good to feel. crying is good. it's emotions released through droplets of water . crying is good.

"thanks man." Carlos hugged his friend, glad he had shaved his beard off. he didn't want to scratch Leo's neck as he wept.

"it's chill, i recon you needed it." Leo knew they were all touch starved. it saddened him that as teenage boys, they had big sad and were doing things in desperation. everyone needs to cry and have a hug.

"yeah i did." Carlos admitted, wiping his tears away as Leo cradled him. 

"we need to be heard by shakira, dude!" Leo tried to move the focus of Carlos from maths to shakira again. Leo wasn't sure it would work for his teenage bro but he knew it worked for toddlers. 

"we do, dude." Carlos agreed.

"lets go get megaphones, dude." 

"yes dude." Carlos and Leo pulled on their coats and shoes and strolled down the local high street until they found a store which sold a load of high quality mega phones.  

"we need help picking one out." Carlos admitted as they both toyed with megaphones and read handbooks. 

"ye but dang, i cant talk to people for shit." Leo admitted 

"neither." Carlos snorted. 

"... dude I'll go, i dont want you to worry." Leo patted his bro and went and found a girl. 

she was short and had big glasses. her clothes were baggy and her hair was scraped up casually in a ponytail. she was the least threatening person in the whole store, but she was still absolutely terrifying.

"i- i'm sorry." Leo's voice got tangled in his throat and went up a few notches. 

"oh, hey." The girl gave him a soft, kind smile. 

"I'm so sorry dude, could you help us pick... uh two... uh real powerful and loud megaphones... please.. sorry." Leo pulled his hands into his sleeves and wished the ground would swallow him up.

"oh yeah, sure." she smiled softly. "you want the 'dolly danzi' brand one, they're the best ones."

the small, unintimidating  assistant handed the boys two megaphones , still softly smiling at them. "They're the loudest ones and they las the longest. i used to have one at home to go on protests and parades and they are absolutely the best."

"dude, thank you so much." Carlos smiled, caressing his megaphone.

"no problem, my girlfriend loves them too, she pinched mine to go to a pride parade." the mousy girl grinned.

"oh my gosh, you go to pride? ive been trying to go for ages but school gets in the way." Carlos babbled excitedly.

"absolutely, i love going! its the best atmosphere i love it there! y'all should come one day!" The girl squealed as she floated to the checkout on cloud nine.

"dude we should go!" Carlos smiled at his buddy with the wildest smile on his face. 

"ye sure." Leo smiled. 

pride was next on the list