chapter 3: studio kill me

Carlos and Leo felt numb as the walked into the near empty stadium

Shakira had yet to come on and test the stage.

Carlos clutched hes megaphone in his hands and sat staring at a spot on the floor for the next half hour whilst the stadium slowly filled like a rising tide.

"Dude shes here" leo hissed as an elegant lady strolled on stage

Damn. Carlos thought. those hips really dont lie.

Shakira began to sing her heart out. Her familiar voice washed over Carlos and cleaned his soul.

He put the megaphone to his lips and stood up with the rest of the crowd.

"SHAKIRA KILL ME!!" he hollered

Leo took the message and like a soldier, he took up his friend's cause, yelling his own chorus of "kill me shakira... please"

They built up their empire of yells until shakira finally looked at them. Her brow was furrowed with concern as she danced.

"Oh my hips dont lie-"

"KILL ME SHAKIRA."

"And I'm starting to-"

"KIIIIILL MEEEEE SHAKIIIIIIIRAAAAA."

She finished the song and rushed to a security man before pointing at the two boys in the front row while were screaming like demons from the underworld. She was concerned for them, their veins seemed to be trying to escape from their skin and their eyes were bulging out of the face.

Two security men picked the boys up and effortlessly swung them over the barrier before escorting them to a sweeter place.
The changing rooms, not heaven.

Their microphones were confiscated and the two boys had to stay in an empty dressing room.

"Dont touch the seats, curtains, tables, perfume bottles, powder, cupboard, bookcases..."

"Hey macarena." Leo said grumpily.

Carlos started frantically doing the macarena and was soon joined by leo.

The security guards just assumed they were high and left. Little did they know the boys had never seen a drug in their life.

"Hello boys."

The angelic voice made the boys whip around and beg on their knees for forgiveness from shakira who was a little concerned.

"What was going on there mis amigos?" She asked, sitting down and inviting them to do the same.

"Well you see it all started with a horrible school and defective education system." Leo started

"And we sort of lost it." Carlos admitted

"It started with..." leo rolled up his sleeves and shakira understood.

"Long story short we both want to die." Carlos smiled like it was no big deal

"my hips dont lie, but neither do your emotions mis amigos. i think you might need a therapist. i'll help you get your life on track." Shakira gently hugged the touch starved boys.