CHAPTER 25 - Complications

Dara's POV

Something came up. I'm at Riko's house.

That was the text I received from Jiro yesterday. I tossed my phone on my bed and looked at the mirror, noticing the dark circles in my eyes. I waited for him last night but he did not drop by, which drove me to think about a lot of things – things that made me uneasy.

I understand where Riko is coming from but does it mean that I have to endure the jealousy and insecurity gnawing me every time she requires Jiro's attention? I'm trying to be rational about the entire thing. I tried to put myself on Jiro's shoes and think of how I'll handle it if I were him. Sadly, the situation is now messed up that I just ended up wallowing because of the status of my relationship with Jiro. I know he likes me even though he never said it. And knowing Jiro, he's not the type to say those words. Still, it would be nice to hear it from him. It might put my mind at ease especially with Riko always hanging around him.

Pushing the thoughts aside, I grabbed my bag and headed towards the nearest subway station going towards the Lee residence. I haven't seen Bullet for days and I'm beginning to get worried. It would have been better if Namee is with me but since it's Saturday, I knew she'll be busy with her part-time job. Besides, Bullet's house address is not that hard to find.

The subway ride to Bullet's house took a while since it was a couple of stations away. I exited the station and gingerly walked along the pavement as my mind wandered to that time when I found him slumped near the back gate. I knew I hurt him, but I think I did the right thing. I just hope Bullet will be able to pull through. I miss what we have. I miss hanging out with him and goofing around with him.

Liking someone can really complicate things. Friendships can be ruined, a nice person can turn into someone she's not, awful words are exchanged because of a bitter heart. I wonder how liking Jiro changed me. I wonder if I can look back at my former self and be proud of what I was...of what I've done. Truthfully, because of my feelings for Jiro, I'm beginning to get wary of Riko, which makes me think if I'm becoming narrow-minded or if my insecurities are gripping me. I hope I will not be driven by my emotions and do things that I will later regret.

Sighing heavily, I stopped upon seeing the house number of Bullet's place. When I lifted my gaze, my eyes widened in awe at the mansion with a beautiful garden at the front yard. It feels like a royal family is residing here and my humble presence is not worthy of their time.

I decided to abandon my plan and was about to walk away when the woman who slapped Bullet opened the main door and stepped outside. She saw me standing by the gate and she strode towards me while I stood idly, not knowing what to do with myself.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

"Hello ma'am. I'm Arden's friend. Uh... I just dropped by to chat with him."