CHAPTER 35 - Slow Steps

Writer's Note:

This is a smut chapter! No minors allowed! ^_^

Only a few chaps left until the end!

Thanks to tbd_07 for the chapter banner!

__________________________________________

"Good morning," Dara glanced back at him and greeted him cheerfully while cooking their breakfast. She already took a shower and was wearing a comfortable dress. Since it was Saturday, she planned on checking on her friends to see how they were doing after the incident. Jiro, on the other hand, had a part-time job during the weekend. "I'm still preparing our food, go take a shower first. I already prepared your change of clothes."

Jiro did not respond as he strode drowsily toward her. He then wrapped one arm around her waist from behind and leaned down, giving her a soft kiss on the cheek. He released her afterwards and went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. Dara smiled giddily while following him with her gaze, a peaceful feeling settling inside her.

A few minutes later, Jiro finally stepped out of the bathroom, drying his hair with the towel draped on his shoulder. He sat at the dining table where Dara was waiting with a big smile on her lips, her eyes focused on his face. She knew it was awkward for him to bring up what happened last night, so she just settled on staring at him. Having a peaceful morning with Jiro was enough to brighten her day. Finally, he realized what she was telling him from the very beginning. It might not be enough and he might doubt himself again, but she was willing to trust him and believe in him.

"What?" he asked in puzzlement.

"Nothing. I'm just happy."

"I bet you're imagining weird things again," he remarked while getting food and putting it on her plate before placing some on his plate.

Dara sighed and rolled her eyes. "Thank you for ruining our moment."

"We have a moment?" he cocked his eyebrows at her, hovering the cup of coffee on his mouth to hide his smirk. He was clearly enjoying bursting her happy bubble, amused with the girl's annoyed face.

Dara glared at him and was about to say something when the sound of a text message from their phones interrupted them. They both read the message and had different reactions upon seeing the photo sent by Picaro and Namee wearing couple shirts with a caption We're fine. How are you guys doing? We hope everyone is all right. Jiro grimaced in disgust while Dara smiled, happy that her friend was okay after the InterSAT incident and was now enjoying her time with her boyfriend.

"Did you receive it too?" she asked.

"The couple picture from hell?" Jiro scowled. "Yeah, I did. Cheng is turning Picaro into a woman."

"They're cute!" Dara countered, still staring at her phone.

"Please don't tell me you're into couple stuff."

"I'm not. But I want a couple picture."

"We already have one already," he argued. "It's in my wallet."

"You mean our pictures when we were kids? That doesn't count! We're not even a couple then and that was taken a long time ago."

"Eat," Jiro shoved a piece of bread in her mouth, shutting her up. Dara creased her eyebrows while chewing the food, her dark gaze directed at the stoic guy.

"You're no fun," she muttered.

"Couple pictures are not fun."

Dara sighed dramatically and stared at him. "Why are you my boyfriend again? Why didn't I end up with Picaro—"