Chapter 13 - A little is enough (March 22, 2021)

chapter tw: casual alcohol use, dubcon

Date posted: March 22, 2021

Chapter 13 - A little is enough

The music's bass is ringing not just on Luntian's ears but more on her chest. As she downed her nth glass of tequila, she couldn't believe how she feels more sober than ever. Despite the jetlag. Despite the alcohol, everything feels clearer than ever as she stares at the guy beside her— rocking his head with the music.

If he didn't need the cane's help, Lulu's sure that this one will run his way into the dance floor and grind into other girls' and be wild. She couldn't even detect an ounce of grief and guilt — and even the desperation and helplessness that he was showing a few hours earlier.

She looked around the bar and wondered, how many people are wearing the same mask today? Everyone is seemingly fleeting— enjoying the energy of the room. Outwardly happy and untamed. Like the world will end tomorrow and they have no choice but to drink their fill. But like them— like Mark— who else is keeping a big knot on their chest?

"Another stinger, please?" She heard him as he flash a smile on the female barista.

She wanted to tell him to stop. That alcohol wouldn't be good in his injuries and mental health. But how can she contradict herself? Hindi ba't siya ang nagyaya dito para uminom.

She could actually hear Glenda's censure in her head already.

Why did she volunteered to take him into another dark place?

Bakit dito sa bar?

Bakit niya niyayang uminom?

Instead of all the thousand other better places to take him into. Instead of the thousand efforts to pacify the one she loved, why did she resolve into taking him here?

In all honesty, she didn't know, too.

But when she saw him sob under the Banyan tree near the chapel, she couldn't do anything. Or maybe, her shallow bratty ass knows nothing about keeping someone company. She's just someone who only knew how to enjoy life's rainbows and unicorns. She has nothing to offer to him that she knew he wouldn't reject.

So when she said he'll take him to drink a few moments after he calmed down, she was not surprised when he agreed. It was as if it was the surest thing she knew to keep him within her reach.

Because in the end, she was still selfish.

"My head fvcking hurts." Mark said in between the blasting music.

"Then let's stop." She whispered in his ear. "Let's get out of here."

"Where?"

"Anywhere you like."

She didn't really know how they got out of there. But when Mark Perseus said he would go anywhere but his "home", she took her somewhere else. She is just glad that he's not anymore aggressive like how he was before the memorial service. She didn't care if it was just because of the alcohol that he is calm— but she want to be prudent this time.

She felt like she is sailing against the wind and needed a careful maneuver to handle this person who isn't just physically sore, but is especially emotionally and mentally shattered. And as long as he's willing, she will give everything to coax the hell out of him.

"This is one of my properties." She says as she opened the condominium her brother gave her in her 18th birthday. She rarely visit this place because she is traveling a lot. But most of the parties she has thrown were held in this penthouse.