1-1: The Orb

~(Adult) River played by Amanda Seyfried~

–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–

~Terra~

Young River's P.O.V

I was currently with my brother in the hospital waiting room. Listening to the faint music that blasted from his walkman headphones, as I nervously play with the bracelet on my wrist my mom got me, different charms on it like a moon, a star, and a flower. Leaving room for more charms. Our grandpa then came out of the room our mom was in. "Peter, River." he said as he kneeled down. But Peter didn't take off his headphones. I nudged him just incase he didn't hear grandpa. "Your mamma wants to speak with you." he said, but Peter still didn't take off his headphones.

"Come on, Pete. Take these fool things off." Grandpa said as he took off Peter's headphones. He turns off the walk man and has us go into the room where our mom was at. I stayed behind Peter but close, shielding myself from seeing the frail state our mom was in. Peter and I make it to the side of Mom's hospital bed. The sight makes me wimpier, but mom still looked as beautiful as ever. "Why have you been fighting with the other boys again, baby? And River, you're clothes are all dirty again." she asked Peter and told me.

Peter shrugs, looking away. "They killed a little frog that didn't do anything and then they pushed me over. Peter was just protecting me momma." I answered. "Smushed it with a stick." Peter finished. "You're so like your daddy. You even look like him. And he was an angel. composed out of pure light. Just like you my flower." mom said to me and Peter, I began to tear up as she called me the nick name she gave me. "Mer, you got a present there for Peter and River, don't you?" Grandpa reminded her. "Of course." she said weakly as she tries to grab the wrapped gift and letter.

Grandpa helping her and grabbing it for us, placing it in Peter's bag. "You two open it up when I'm gone, okay?" mom said, making Peter tear up with me as well. "You're grandpa...is gonna take such good care of you two. At least until your daddy comes back to get you. Take my hand." momma says as she reaches out for us. Peter turns away but I was frozen in place. I wanted so badly to reach out for momma's hand but I was stuck. Next thing Peter and I know her heart monitor flatlines. "Mommy?" I say, my voice breaking as I sob. "No, no no no! Mom!" Peter says as he goes closer to her, as if trying to wake her. Grandpa takes Peter out of the room, and I follow, as he thrashes around in agony.

"You two stay here, please." Grandpa says. Peter and I sobbing as he hold onto each other. Next thing I know Peter grabs my hand and begins to run out of the hospital. "P-Peter? Peter stop! Grandpa said we have to stay." I said, still sobbing as my brother and I make I outside in the foggy night. Peter then collapses on the ground sobbing, I kneel down and hug him while rubbing his back. "No matter what, Peter. I'm always here for you. Everything we do, we do together." I said as I hugged him. Peter sniffled and nod, holding his me tight. Next thing we know theres a loud noise. I giant space ship pointed at us, and then we were beamed up and taken. Last thing I hear before blacking out was Peter calling out for our Mom.

–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–

~26 years later~

~Morag~

River's P.O.V

I was soundly asleep, sleeping to get some rest before our next snag on Morag, when next thing I know the ship jumps and I hit the roof of my bed bunk. "Ugh..what the hell is Peter doing." I groan as I make my way out of my sleeping quarters. As I get up I instantly start flailing around my cabin, the ship feeling like it was falling from the sky. "I'm gonna kill him." I say as I managed to make my way out as the ship was flailing all over the place. "Peter! Did you seriously went on the mission without me?!" I say as I managed to make my way to the front before him and turn on the boosters to stabilize the ship.