Midnight snack

Jude. That was all Cardan could think of. Both laid in the middle of the large bed in his sleep chamber. Judes fingers lightly outlined his muscles on his back. Cardan was lying on his stomach with his eyes closed. He had a huge grin on his face as he rested.
     "I love you my dearest punishment." Cardan whisper in Judes ear.
      She stops feathering her fingers on his back and looks up at him.
     He looked so delicate and peaceful. She loved when he was like this.
     "Well, I love you, my wicked king." She murmured back to him as she kissed his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her. They were both naked, legs entangled. The only thing covering them was a thin sheet.
     A little later Jude got up taking on of the sheets and wrapping it around her. Cardan was sleeping and she didn't want to disturb him. He never looked as peaceful as he does when he sleeps. She headed to the private room right across from the bed. She felt starving. Cardan always seemed to forget that mortals tend to need to eat more food. She had got some of the guards to order her food. It was one of the perks of being queen, you can ask anyone to do something and they will listen. She sat on a big arm chair and ate away.
                                   ______ 

     Cardan started to wake. As he woke he went to put his arm around Jude, only to realize she was gone. He then looked around the room to see the lights on across him. He swiftly got up and went to see if Jude was in there.
      The door was slightly cracked already so he pushed it open. The first thing he saw was Jude. Jude, only wrapped in a sheet on the arm chair, eating food. The moment Cardan saw her, he chuckled. Jude saw him and opened her mouth to say something but then was interrupted by Cardan.
     "Ahhh," he sighed, "now this is where you've been sneaking off too."
     "I got a little hungry. I tend to forget I'm still mortal and need to eat properly." She looked up at him. She smiled a bit.
He walked over to her, lightly scooting her over and sitting on the arm chair. Jude placed her legs over him, then continued eating. Cardan started picking off of her food, knowing she was not going to finish it.
      "Cardan." Jude said sternly pausing the food she was about to eat and looking into his eyes.
      "Yes my queen?" He said teasing.
      "I need you to promise me. I need you to promise me that this, this is forever."
       "Jude Duarte Greenbrier, I will love you until the day my immortal body crashes. I will love you endless, more endlessly then all the stars in the universe." He looked at her and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "I promise you that this is forever." He moved closer to her face. They kissed gently.
Soon after they finished picking off of the food and flirting back and forth. They decided to go to bed.
     It was the little things in life Cardan loved. The moment like these where he saw Jude in her natural self, where she let her armor fall and the moments where they find themselves in each other.
     Cardan made sure she fell asleep before he did. When he was sure that she was asleep, he whispered in her ear
"I will love you forever, my sweet nemesis."