Chapter Three

One months later.

     Aishah

  After the honeymoon things were going so smoothly as planned.

But suddenly everything changed.

   Aishah was in the kitchen preparing dinner when the door flung open and Farihd walked in and slumped on the kitchen floor

  "Subhanallah"Aisha muttered.As she ran toward him and placed him on her lap.She scrunch her noise together because of how he recked of Alcohol.

   "Farihd,are you okay"She asked worriedly.

"My job, I lost my job"he mummered sadly.

"You know what Farihd,put all your weight on me am going to take you to the bedroom"Aisha said and lifted Farihd up.heading toward the room.

   "Ya Allah, help Farihd"she prayed silently.

  ___________________

  Aisha and Farihd sat down at the parlour watching a program and a tense silence filled the Air.

   "Aisha"he called her name softly.

"What"she replied sharply ,clearly annoyed about what happened yesterday.

  "I know you are mad at me that I drank last night"he started saying before he paused.

   "Am sorry,you know I just lost my job and everything was too sudden"Farhid continued  as tears rolled down his cheek.

  "Oh common don't cry"Aisha said shifted closer to Farihd and placed his head on her lap rocking him back and front.

    "Am sorry,but you and I both know how Alcohol is Haram in Islam,No matter what happen we are both here for each other,we will work it out , okay"Aisha replied reasurringly.

   "There is a way you can help me"Farhid began, removing his head from Aisha lap and sat upright.

   "How,tell me am gonna help"Aishah said. Wondering what Farihd was about to ask.

   "It is about the company your mom left behind,why can't you just sign it on my name and let me take over the company"Farhid said.Aishah was silent for a while before she stood up abruptly.

   "Am sorry Farihd,but that is all my mom left behind and you know I just want to pass it to my children  when they come of age"Aishah replied calmly.

   "So you can't do anything for your Husband,do you love me at all"Farihd shouted.

"This is not about love Farihd,but am sorry I can't just sign my mom's properties to you"Aishah replied more calmly trying to make Farihd to reason along with her.

  "Am hurt"Farihd replied standing up, retrieved his car key from the center table and head out of the house.

______________

"Salam alaykum leemah"Aisha said after leemah picked up the phone in the second ring.

   "Wa alaykum Salam Aisha"Leemah shouted In her usual unlady like character Making Aisha chuckle.

"Calm down,must you always act like this"Aisha complained jokingly.

"God save your ass that you ain't beside me"leemah replied.

"And what would you do"Aishah challenged.

"That is left for me to decide"leemah said and Aisha rolled her eyes bursting into a feast of laughter.

Like she always does something.

"Hey, enough of those laughter am sure you called for a reason"leemah pointed out bringing Aisha back to the reason why she called.

  "It is Farihd"Aisha began sadly.

"What is with him"Leemah asked worriedly.

"We got into a little fight,he Kind of lost his job and he want me to sign up the company mom left for me and you know that was...ughh am just confused"Aishah explained.

"Hey calm down babe, Farihd is your Husband,and you are meant to support him in whatever means you have to,I understand the fact that the property your mom left behind is so precious but the child you want to give them to, Farihd is going to father them,so you can sign them to him and when your children come of age he will  sign the company to them as well"leemah explained and Aishah took a moment to take everything in and reason along with her.

"Thanks so much Leemah,this means a lot"Aisha thanked leemah and after a few chitchat the call ended.

  Later in the night Farihd came home recking for Alcohol.

   "Farihd, how dare you"Aisha shouted angrily. Getting drunk doesn't stop their problem.

  "You have no right to shout at me and stop acting like a wife,a wife is someone who stand by the husband side when he his in need,but when I just needed your help a few moments ago you blew up"Farihd fired back , pointing accusing fingers at Aisha.

"Farihd,you should have been patient I will sign the papers to you have called my lawyers in the afternoon,"Aishah said calmy and  Farihd walked up to her and gave her a bone crushing hug.

   "Farihd,I want to live"Aisha mummered and that was when Farihd realized that his hug was hurting her.

"Am sorry"he said unleashing himself from her and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"But promise me one thing"Aisha said.

"What"Farihd replied.

"No more alcohol,no matter the fight we get into"Aisha warned glaring hard at him.

"Yes,no more alcohol"Farihd said happily as he lifted Aisha onto his hands and headed to the bedroom.as there laugh echoed in the house.

Hey Readers.
Well am so sad that nobody have come across my novel maybe due to the poor grammar, misspelt grammar and I guess the poor story setting.
But one day I know a reader will stumble upon my book so I ain't gonna give up,am gonna continue writing for my future reader.

Love you in advance 💖