The Aftermath

"So your awake" daddy said. "Yeah," I said. "I'm sorry for what happened, I'm sorry for not protecting you," said Daddy. "I don't want that to happen again, it hurts my eye, and my neck," I said. "Well the man that took you, cut your neck, not bad enough to kill you, and you have a black eye," said Daddy. "Where's dad?" I asked. "He went to the store to get you a treat," said Daddy. "Yay!" I yelled.

After dad came home and I had my treat, my dads and I watched some T.V. then it was time for bed. I didn't want to go to bed. I have been having nightmares for the past few nights, dad has had to check on me when I have them. I wish I was a normal kid, a kid who had a normal life, who had a life without troubles.

Dad took me up to my bed and hugged me good night, Daddy came and read me a story. Then he left, I was alone again, I didn't want to be alone. I got up and went to find one of my parents.

"What are you doing?" asked dad. "I didn't want to be left alone again," I said. "Ok let's go up to your room and let daddy sleep," said dad. "Ok," I said. We went up the stairs. I'm really lucky to have my parents. "Akito, can I explain something to you?" asked dad. "Sure," I said. "When that man took you, it brought daddy some bad memories back, that's why he's trying to protect you the best he can right now," said dad. "Well ill protect daddy like he's protecting me," I said. "That's really sweet of you, and daddy does need someone protecting him right now," said dad. That night my dad and I talked until I fell asleep, I wish he told one other thing though, how he and daddy met. But soon I would be learning that story.