𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐎𝐒?
"𝐷𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑛 𝑙𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑢𝑎𝑔𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙."
—𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑎 𝐺𝑟𝑎ℎ𝑎𝑚

𝐈
— 𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑎 —

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐀 𝐏𝐄𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 the stone barrier that separated them from the Mexican Consulate that they were about to infiltrate, feeling a hint of nervousness rise into her chest.

Her eyes studied the street in front of her; the many guests that were expensively dressed as they walked towards the entrance, the polished cars whose keys were being handed to the valets, and the police officers that wandered about and forced a smile as the visitors passed.

Her gaze then moved towards the entrance and examined it quite intensely; a flag was stuck to either white column that guarded the entrance, one Mexican and one American, and an oval crest belonging to the Mexican Consulate hung in the middle of the arch. Two officers and a man in a tuxedo stood firmly on either side of the entrance, giving small nods to the guests that passed.

With his eyes glued to the many officers that travelled about, Diego hopped over the stone barrier and hurried over to the side of a car, and the other three quickly followed.

"So what's the plan?" questioned Lila from behind Mara as the four of them crouched.

Diego turned to the group, keeping his voice soft as he quickly instructed, "We infiltrate, we identify, we extract. Double time."

Lila scrunched her nose as she turned back towards Five and asked, "What the hell's he talking about?"

"Find the old man and get out fast," Five answered.

Diego looked over to face them and scoffed, "That's what I said. On me."

Mara rolled her eyes as she watched Diego sneak over to hide next to the car in front of him and was about to follow, but when she glanced over her shoulder and saw Five staying still, she paused.

His eyes flickered over towards hers, and he nodded to tell her to go on.

She shrugged and heeded his order; he probably wanted to say something (rather mean) to Lila, and she most definitely wasn't going to stop him.

Glancing over towards the entrance to make sure she was capturing no one's attention, she crept up behind Diego, who looked back at her once she had.

"What the hell are they doing?" Diego murmured to her, his gaze moving back towards the other two, where Five was heatedly whispering something to the other woman.

Mara gave him a small shrug. "Not sure."

Only a few moments later did the pair join them, and they all followed Diego around the wide building and towards the back.

They quickly spotted an open door and headed inside, immediately greeted by chatter and music as they entered.

The room that they had gone into was flooded with people dressed rather elegantly, and golden light burst from the chandelier that was dripping in fake diamonds.

They followed Diego around a long table that was covered in half-filled plates and empty glasses and stopped at the middle, their eyes uncertainly glancing at the people that roamed about.

Lila grabbed a glass of champagne from a passing waiter as Five joined them, a glass of champagne already in his hand.

Diego peered around the many people, his eyebrows furrowed. "I don't see Dad anywhere."