The Golden Crown(Audelia POV)

"Lady Stark, what are you doing here?", asked the Smith. I walked towards him, making sure that nobody paid too much attention to me.

"Is Gendry still here?", I ask, looking behind him, trying to see if I can spot the man.

"Yes, my lady. Does the Hand want to see him? I would be more than happy to get him", offered the Smith but I put my hand up, finally spotting the dark haired man.

"No need.", I say, and then reach to my pocket for a small sack of coins. "I was never here", I say and the Smith nods, accepting my terms. I hand him the coins and walk past him towards Gendry.

"What's this?", I ask curiously as I pick up a dagger Gendry was working on. He looks up a little surprised to see me, and then takes the dagger out of my hand.

"Not for sale", he said as he moved to the anvil and began hitting the metal that would soon resemble a sword.

"Wasn't asking for it", I reply. He looked at me for a moment before getting back to his work. 

"Why are you here, my Lady?", asked Gendry after a moment of neither of us speaking.

"Are you saying I am not welcome?", I ask, deciding to torment him a little. He looked startled.

"N-no that's not what I meant, I merely asked", stuttered Gendry and I laughed softly. He put the sword into cold water, cooling it down immediately.

"Well I had just wanted to get to know you, you seem like an interesting person", I reply, picking up an arrow head that would later be attached to a stick.

"Interesting person? I am anything but interesting. I'm just the Smith's apprentice", argued Gendry as he picked up some melted metal he had put in the furnace and poured it into the sword's mold.

"Everyone has stories, what's yours?", I ask.

"I don't have one", replied Gendry and I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, you must have something interesting. How about I go first? When I was little, me and my two older brothers snuck out in the middle of the night while everyone was asleep, and ran into the forest, where we spend the whole night trying to live and act like the Wildlings in the stories we heard about", I laugh at the memory and Gendry smiled softly as he continued his work.

I wanted to get to know him. Not just because I wanted to move on but because I did feel like there was more to him than anybody knows.

"I-", began Gendry but was interrupted by the Smith.

"Gendry, you are done for the day, get going lad", yelled the Smith and Gendry sighed in relief.

"Finally.", he sighed and looked at me. "I would offer to go somewhere and do something fun but I doubt you would like to spend the day with a peasant, my Lady".

"Nonsense, let's go. I haven't seen any of the city, show me around", I say with a smile and we leave the shop. I put my hood back on, hiding my face a little as Gendry guided me through the crowds and to a courtyard where it was open. 

"Where would you like to go, my Lady?", asked Gendry.

"Stop calling me 'my Lady', it's annoying really", I say, and he chuckles.

"As my lady commands", he replied and I hit him playfully. "That was unladylike".

"Oh shut up", I say and we both laugh.

I've only known him for less than a day, and I can already tell that we will be great friends.

"How about I take you to my favourite cafe. They serve the best buns in the whole city", offered Gendry and I nodded, happily following him.