FAQ and Inspiration

I wanted to clear up a few misconstrued ideas to make sure that this book has resolved itself the way I wanted it to. If you do have any more questions, feel free to ask. Without further ado..

Are you writing an epilogue?

No.

Is there a sequel?

Yes, there is. It's called "Addicted" and it already has over ten chapters. The sequel does not follow the lives of Scar and Jamie any more. It is Max's story and his search for love, though Scar and Jamie do make appearances throughout the book.

I am planning to make a series out of Kissing Booth, which means there'll be several books that can stand alone but their characters are interwoven. For example, Max has appeared in this story and he will also have his own story.

I didn't want to give this away too soon, but the third book in the series will be about the twins.

Speaking of twins...

Did Ryan really kiss that boy?

It really depends on how you want to interpret it. His brother said he did, but according to Ryan himself, it never happened.

But if my previous news was any indication, then I think you can answer that one on your own.

What happened to Ake?

Jillian broke up with him after the whole Francesca thing. He's probably just laying in a ditch somewhere and smoking weed.

What happened to Francesca?

She continues to be Francesca. For now, she has left Scar and Jamie alone, and she's probably just laying in a ditch somewhere and having sex.

Why the hell would Scar get a permanent tattoo of Jamie's name?

Because Scar doesn't think things through, lol.

I don't know if I made this clear or not, but a lot of what drives Scar is the fact that he wants something permanent in his life. His dad died. His mom's sobriety fluctuates. Francesca cheats on him countless times.

Jamie seems to be the only things that seems stable in Scar's life and you can't blame him for wanting to keep that stable thing for the rest of his life.

So yes, maybe thinking that they'd be together forever was a bit naive. But in Scar's head, this makes sense.

What about Dante and Jamie's job?

This goes without saying but now that Jamie has his own place, he doesn't need to work for Dante anymore.

Why'd you have to make this story so amazing?

I mean I could have made it horrible if that's what you wanted..

**

I also wanted to talk to you guys about my inspiration behind this story.

It all started when I went to a carnival in town. Many people from school were hosting booths to fundraise money for different causes and such. Lo and behold, there was a kissing booth there! It was run by a dude (a very popular and attractive dude) and all the people in line were girls.

The idea sparked into my mind. When the very popular and attractive guy went on break, I asked him if a boy was standing in line, would he kiss him? His answer was no, being the very popular and very attractive straight guy he is.

That caught my interest and the very next day, I started writing. I named this story Kissing Booth because, although the story doesn't revolve around the carnival, Scar and Jamie's first kiss at the kissing booth was the catalyst to their relationship.

Scar's character was based loosely off of aforementioned popular and attractive guy.

Jamie's character was based off a mixture of two people. The first person is another guy, who is probably the best person at delivering comebacks like it's nobody's business. In fact, most of the one-liners Jamie said in the book were actual things that I've heard this guy say. I don't know him, and he doesn't know me, but now he has a character based on him.

The second person is a girl who was on my soccer team a few years back. I discovered she was in foster care and I've always heard things about foster children, but I've never actually met someone who was in foster care.

Don't worry, she has loving foster parents and they're amazing. But she acted pretty tough for a long time because she didn't want her foster status to define her, which is how Jamie turned out to be.

All the other characters were centered around Scar and Jamie as I tried to find which dynamics worked best and which did not.

And I want to thank you guys so freaking much for reading this story and giving me a chance. There are so many mistakes and plenty of things that probably won't make sense when I go back to read it, but you guys stuck around until the end. That makes me really really happy. So, thanks.