23 | ɢιve мe ℓove

I wanted to try a little mini contest. So the person who posts the most inline comments by the time I update the next chapter will get a follow and a dedication on the next chapter.

Give me love like never before

Cause lately I've been craving more

Chapter 23 ~ Give Me Love

    Scar Patterson

It took me forever to figure out what I was going to get Jamie for Christmas.

It needed to be something valuable, something he would remember for the rest of his life. I'd considered getting him one of the latest phones or tablets, but at the same time, I didn't want to seem like too much of an emotionally attached person by making such a big investment. As a result, I spent most of winter break trying to find the perfect gift for Jamie.

Eventually, I decided on getting him his own house key. It may have sounded like I was taking our relationship a bit too far, but I had figured that Jamie needed his own key if he was going to be staying with me.

So after I had my house key copied, I took a trip down to a local jewelry store that specialized in personalized jewelry. It was pretty busy, considering that other men were shopping for their significant others for Christmas.

"Yes, how may I help you?" The lady had asked me with big, brown, curious eyes.

"Uh," I had fished out the key from my back pocket and placed it on the counter, "I was wondering if you could maybe personalize this for me? Like maybe change it into a necklace or something."

The woman gave me dead serious eyes. "Sorry, we don't do keys."

Normally, I would've left it at that, but there were no other places in town that could do this sorta stuff. "Please," I pleaded with her. "It's for Jamie." I said it like she was supposed to know who he was, and immediately obey my command.

She raised an eyebrow. "Is Jamie your girlfriend?"

I sighed, not wanting to go through this. "Jamie is my boyfriend." It was the first time that I had ever called Jamie my boyfriend out loud. It felt weird to let the word roll off my tongue, but I didn't mind it.

Her brown eyes had lit up almost instantly. "Oh!" She exclaimed as color rushed to her cheeks. "That's so sweet."

I raised a brow. "And it wouldn't be sweet if Jamie was a girl?"

She shrugged. "I guess it still would be, but getting jewelry for a girl seems to always be the easy way out for guys. They fail to do something creative, for once. But I've never heard of getting jewelry for a boy, so I think that's ridiculously cute."

I smiled back at her. "I just hope he likes it."

"He will, don't worry." She grabbed the key from the counter and inspected it under a scrutinizing gaze. "Do you want anything engraved on it?"

"Yeah, actually, I want my name on it. It's Scarlet."

"Scarlet," she repeated as she ripped out a sticky note from the stack on the counter, scribbled my name on it, and attached it to the key. "Anything else?"

"Don't make it too girly. He hates stuff like that."

The lady's lips twisted into an amused smirk. "So I'm guessing you're the girly one?"

I couldn't believe she had said that. "What? No! Do I look girly to you?"

She shrugged carelessly. "One of you has to volunteer to be the girl, or else you're never going to get anything done." She sent me a suggestive wink before snatching the key from the counter and waving it in the air. "This will be done by tomorrow. Come back any time you'd like to pick it up."